View Single Post
Old 01-19-2021, 10:55 PM   #11 (permalink)
MadAlice

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries
Default yes, separate timelines, please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireheart View Post
"Good day, Ms. Blackthorne," she said with a smile, opening the door wide for the third year. The Slytherin was one of her most accomplished students, and she was thrilled that she wanted to talk about potions (hopefully) one-on-one.

"Doing alright on your healing potions essay?" Shreya asked. She had assigned the parchment a few days ago and given the students plenty of time to complete it, but she knew essays could be tricky. Or perhaps Violet wanted to discuss something different.
"Yes, I think so, Professor," Violet responded eagerly--it was so good to talk about normal school stuff, it almost made you forget how strange and unpleasant everything at Hogwarts...almost. "Only I've got it too long, I think, and was having trouble cutting it down." Violet never could bear to delete any of what she considered rather brilliant prose, even in a school essay. But she was pretty sure the professor didn't want to read three more pages than what she'd assigned, even from her. "I'll get it, though, I've just got to grit my teeth and get rid of something."

Violet found herself staring at the glorious golden cauldron as she made her way to a chair. Some day, she thought to herself, some day I'll earn one of those, too.