View Single Post
Old 01-19-2021, 10:47 PM   #79 (permalink)
MadAlice

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
Was she not going to sit then? He certainly would not be keeping his hand out in offering for her to do so either, instead the man moved passed her and over to his desk where he sunk into the chair and smoothed his tie down. ...

"I see," he nodded, his expression still an eerie sort of neutral. "And what about your research warrants such special treatment?" ... He lifted his hand in a premature gesture to silence her protest. "And I am not referring to the reasons you have already provided. What is this research hoping to contribute to wizarding kind? What are the benefits?"
Oh wait, was that obscure gesture an invitation for her to sit? Since Flamsteed seated himself, Jane decided it was and ventured to perch herself on the edge of one of the visitor chairs facing the desk. She was so preoccupied with observing the rather vacant expression on his face, that she nearly missed what he was saying. Special treatment? Really, did they expect their alchemists to set up their equipment and experiment in the corridors? Certainly the Death Chamber was unsuitable to any sort of long-term work. Jane was beginning to wonder if anyone here really understood alchemy at all. Or were all those other alchemists so thoroughly cowed that they didn't dare make even a simple, and, Jane felt, rather reasonable request.

"I didn't realize I was requesting special treatment, I just needed a workspace--the Death Chamber is not suited to a person setting up shop in there, of course. But as to what I'm working on..." Jane continued, leaning forward a little as she talked about her work, "...I have reached a point where I believe I might be close to developing a universal panacea--a powerful healing potion that could offer a cure, or at least antidote, to a multitude of conditions."