Thread: Guest Rooms
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2021, 11:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
Zoe
Dark Force Defense League

DMAC & DMLE
Runespoor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gillyweed Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tallulah Gamp
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

x8 x8
Bathes in Maple Syrup | Dancing Lobster | Mrs. Charlie Weasley | Seneca's Beard | That's So Fetch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
David waited, comfortable with uncomfortable silences, and familiar enough with Zabini by now that he wasn't, for once, starting on an anxiety spiral just because the man was quiet. He appeared to be lost in thought, at first, and then looked at Davie, who was already watching him and waiting for something.

He inhaled, softly, wondering if it would come to that. He had, of course, anticipated this; he had placed the topic on his flowchart of problem-solving ideas back when he had been debating even initiating this venture. And yet David had thought that surely they hadn't exhausted all the other options. Even though they had been meeting for... well, some time, now. The Unspeakable scratched at the side of his nose, idly, steeling himself for what was to come.

"Fine," he agreed after a pause. "I had a feeling." That Zabini would be a mind-invader? Obviously.
Dante quietly waited for Truebridge to think over the suggestion that had been made. It certainly was an option that he personally wanted to avoid; he, believe it or not, didn't want to get inside the Unspeakable's head in such a manner, not to mention this was something very few were aware he was capable of. But, when the traditional methods didn't work, one had to go to such measures as a last resort.

He knew it was risky suggesting such a thing, though the Obliviator had a hunch that Truebridge would agree to it. If there was anything these meetings had taught him, it was that Truebridge was quite determined to do whatever it took to get that memory restored. The pause did not phase him in the slightest, and the answer that eventually came out of the man's mouth didn't either.

"I trust that you will keep this ability of mine quiet," Dante replied, "just like I will be keeping whatever I might discover quiet." That was all he said on the matter before he turned the chair he was in so he could face Truebridge properly and leaned slightly forward. "Eye contact must be kept at all times," he continued, getting right to business. "And I do recommend not resisting. It'll make navigating your mind much easier."