View Single Post
Old 01-17-2021, 11:27 PM

Default Muggle Studies Lesson 1: A Lesson on Sabotage

As you make your way into the Muggle Studies classroom, you will notice that the desks are set up in a series of rows. It was unlike Finneas to keep things so uniform, but maybe you’ve grown used to it this year. Along with the new curriculum, this seating arrangement has become a recent standard in his classroom.

At the front of the room is Schmoe’s desk, on top of which sits a closed cardboard box. Next to the desk stands your professor. No gadgets. No gizmos. Just a lanky, noodle-man twitching and sweating profusely. He looks exhausted and every now-and-again you might notice him quivering as takes a breath. He offers you a faint smile that doesn’t quite reach his eyes and hopes that you make quick work of finding a seat.

OOC: HENLO AND WELCOME! While this is our first class together OOC, it would not be your character's first class with Schmoe this year! Please be sure to take a look at the classroom rules (they have changed a bit) and I’ll post in about 24-28 hours to officially start the lesson. Class has officially STARTED! Please post as if your character has been here the whole time, otherwise there will be IC consequences.
IMPORTANT NOTE - please read: As I'm sure you're well aware by now, Muggle Studies is going to look a little different this year. As this will not be our first lesson IC (though it is our first one ooc), I just wanted to let y'all know what class would have looked like up until now.

Kids will know that the curriculum is different this year and there are overt anti-muggle sentiments & anti-muggle rhetoric within lessons. Furthermore, the Inquisitorial Squad is present in every lesson in order to ensure that (a) students and (b) Schmoe are behaving according to Neo-Alliance standards. We've all seen what has happened when students try to defy, so keep that in mind. During the lessons themselves, Schmoe appears to be very uncomfortable (more than usual) and incredibly frail/weak. Students should be able to pick up on the fact that he's scared (unless they are oblivious™), but he is complying and teaching the lessons regardless. As always, if you have any questions, feel free to nudge me via PM and I can try to answer as best I can within reason. xx
Lesson Progress:
+ Greetings + Question 1: Why are Wizards Better than Muggles?
+ Responses to Q1 + Question 2: Give an example of something muggles need tools or machinery for, but for which wizards have a magic alternative? Why is the magical way better?
+ Responses of Q2 + Introduction of Mini-Activity: Sabotage muggle objects
+ Main Activity: Build your own sabotage chamber
__Guiding Posts: One Two Three Four Five