Thread: The Black Lake
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2021, 12:54 AM   #15 (permalink)
DaniDiNardo

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermionesclone View Post
The moment Emm started speaking was the moment he knew it was over. He could feel that huge weight somewhere in his chest that only told him how much worse he felt about this. Emm was glad they were getting some time together. Oh merlin, this was not good. This was not the way this was supposed to go.

"Like what? What's been moving so fast?" Please please please don't say it was them. They were just friends. Part of the coolest group of friends out of Stark school. But she was now talking about the hooded figures and he....... didn't know what to say. This didn't feel like the right time to say a lot or make a joke or whatever. It was because of this that he let out a soft whisper, "You were the one who saw them, didn't you?"

And then she was asking about him.

And Sammy just...... sighed.

"It's a bit weird, you know?" he started, absent-mindedly picking at his nails, "I'm scared about mum and dad and both granddads. Kinda makes me wish letters home were still possible." Maybe then he could ask and make sure that they were still okay. Because if they were okay, there was nothing to worry about, right?

Sammy shook his head, almost as if he was shaking away the bad thoughts. "Let's not think about the hooded people. Let's talk abouuuuut....... us."

Smooth transition? He thought so.
Everything. Everything was moving too fast. It made her head spin if she thought too much about it.”It feels like...it feels like we showed up and the world has been steadily crashing down since then. We lost our Headmaster—and now I don’t think he ever was our Headmaster. We’ve got all these people...taking notes and hexing kids...our stuff’s been smashed and every day it feels like we’re losing something else.” Overwhelmed would’ve been a good word for how she was feeling. Definitely.

She nodded confirmation she’d seen the army coming into the school, remembering how it made her blood run cold. Just like hearing Sammy’s worry about his family.

“They’ll be okay. Uncle Alec and Auntie Ella won’t let anything happen to them. They’re super strong and the moment they realise something’s wrong.” She nudged him gently by the shoulder. “It’ll be okay. You’ll see.” She didn’t ACTUALLY know that, but would say anything to make him worry less.

Us?

Emmerson perked up immediately, all talk of the hoodedfigures behind her.Y-Yeah. Okay. Us.” Sammy had NEVER called them us before and it sent her heart fluttering something fierce. “I think in these times it’ll be important we keep close and not let anyone tear us apart.”

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.