View Single Post
Old 01-16-2021, 01:14 PM   #19 (permalink)
DuckyLinJi
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & DERP
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sohrin Solberg
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Meredith Rowle
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Minjae Yoon
Ecological Protection
x1 x2
A path is not simply for walking, its purpose lies in moving forward and improving oneself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
As soon as Minjae began his stream of angry words, Finneas found himself on HIGH ALERT. CODE RED. BAD NEWS BEARS. Without caring to be discreet, the Muggle Studies professor immediately shut the door and began waving his wand in a series of motions to put protective enchantments in place. Hopefully no one had heard the, er, humble beginnings of Minjae's impassioned.... speech.

Errrr.... Anyway, AnYwAy, ANYWAY.

Still feeling tired, the professor turned to face the seventh year. It took Finneas no more than a couple of seconds to understand what had happened. Safe haven. Forced Destruction. They had destroyed the technology lounge. The room that Finneas had spent so much time putting together, though ... Er.. He should've seen this one coming. He did feel a sad sense of loss, but did not allow himself to dwell on it. There were other matters that needed his attention, more pressing ones, namely, Mr. Yoon. It was difficult seeing his students so hurt, seeing them on the verge of tears nearly shred Finneas to bits. Hearing him question himself for being muggleborn, that hurt the most. Despite the pause boy's pause and his subsequent question, Finneas did not have a chance to respond. Evidently, there was much more that Mr. Yoon needed to say.

And when he was done, Finneas still remained silent for all of a few beats. There was a lot to unpack here. He had never been good with comforting, nor was he very good with helping students make it through a cult-takeover. There are just some things your years of professional experience don't help you with. "You d-d-did nothing wrong, Mr. Yoon," he assured the Hufflepuff. Finneas couldn't stay standing for much longer, so he began to hobble his way to his chair.

Of course there was much more Finneas could say and even more he could respond too, but often times he found that students weren't asking for answers. They were asking for someone to listen. So for now, that is what Finneas did. And going to that question from before? "You are no coward." Nor did he need to apologize for the destruction of the room.
In his rage induced rant, which he kept relatively calm if he said so himself Minjae failed to notice the uncomfortable and panic behavior of the Professor until he began waving his wand around.

His first instinct was to grab his wand to protect himself as a brief thought that the Professor might be compromised ran through his mind but then as he watched the movements he realized what they were.

Protective charms around the office so that they couldn’t be heard. But instead of this being a comfort, it enraged the Hufflepuff even further. ”Hey! I’m not afraid!” he was. ”Let them hear!” Please, don’t ” i don’t care!” he did. He knew that he was acting like a child right now but he always kept his emotions to himself. Never bothered others with his problems so now that they were released he didn’t know how to express them properly.

With a frustrated expression on his face, Minjae moved to one of the beanbags and sat down. ”You know professor, i have people working for me at home but i will never treat them like that” The staff at home were like his family when his family wasn’t around.

After hearing that he had done nothing wrong, he was both glad and a bit confused. If he and the other Muggleborns had done nothing wrong, then why were they targeted? It just did not make sense to him! "Muggle Studies is going to be really different this year, am i right?" he asked. "Can i be absent if thats the case? I mean, i don't hate your subject" it was one of his favorites actually, after Defense Against the Dark Arts which he hated now and potions. "But...you know" he didn't exactly want to be around when they had to discuss how stupid Muggles and Muggleborns were but something told him that his class was going to be a 'mandatory or face the consequences' class.

”Can i have a cup of tea, please? Honey with a splash of milk” he added after a while and sighed.