View Single Post
Old 01-16-2021, 05:27 AM   #18 (permalink)
BanaBatGirl
Dark Force Defense League

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Default we save the real tears for a real one (THAT U, FINNEAS SCHMOE)
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
.... Finneas paused with some uncertainty. It was a question he was ill-prepared to answer. "Err... Nothing that I cannot handle, Ms. G-grantham." Is what he went with in the end. There was no need to raise any further concern. Not when concern was already the natural state of being. He even gave her a smile, though it did not reach his eyes.

It was difficult to see Bernadette like this. She looked tired and worn down. Two descriptors one would never use for this particular Gryffindor fireball. It tugged on Finneas' heart, but did little in comparison to all that happened next. Finneas Schmoe was no good with tears. Tears usually made him a very uncomfortable man (a more uncomfortable man than usual). But not these tears. No, these ones only made him feel a pang of guilt.

"There is n-no need to apologize, B-bernadette," he looked down at his desk for a moment, hoping that the right words would appear before him. He was never good at this. "These people c-can't be reasoned with. Sometimes we have to do what we can to survive." And her safety was of far more important than any technology.

Finneas understood why the kids did what they did. Hopefully, they, too, would give Finneas the same chance when the roles were reversed.
That was a surprisingly Gryffindor answer for Schmoe, did he know? Bernie was, fleetingly, proud of the man. He had come so far (in her opinion) in only five years. The response did nothing to alleviate her concern for him, which was showing plainly on her face by now. But truth be told, Bernie did not wish for the nightmare of seeing her professors tortured in addition to her peers. So she didn't push it; she merely nodded, tilting her head down at last, and allowing a few tears to streak down her cheeks.

Just a few. She wasn't full-out wallowing yet. She was just listening. She would pretend she hadn't just cried a little. NOPE. Not this year!!!!

"Do you, um, have any special insight, into the... surviving, sir?" Bernie swallowed, her throat suddenly feeling dry as she admitted this. "Being Muggleborn is, apparently, an extra challenge this year." And to think, she had once used this status to her advantage to secure her (unofficial) Muggle Studies Teaching Assitant position.

She'd be bringing that up in a moment, naturally, if the professor didn't address it first.

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind