View Single Post
Old 01-16-2021, 04:27 AM   #10 (permalink)
BanaBatGirl
Dark Force Defense League

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Default again, bless his little heart *___*
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayquilz View Post

!!!!

He wasn't being fired!

What happened to him hating his job?! Oh ho ho ho! Clearly he cared somewhat for it if he had been just! THAT! WORRIED! about it! But he was too filled with relief currently to think too deeply about that - he would do his deep thinking later trying to fall asleep avoiding existential dread! The kneazle made things better, though. Nando was a good cuddle bug at night. The kitten was just the comfort buddy he needed lately.

But before he could think more about his newest addition to the family (and to be honest one of the main reasons he enjoyed arriving home every day lately) he listened veeeeeery carefully to Fletcher. Merlin, this was more serious than job security...his Wes!senses were tingling.

"My help. okay. Taking a deep breath, sir!" he saluted him (why?? he did not know????) and took an increeeeedibly deep breath before nodding. "What memo, sir?" he tilted his head to the side, obviously hoping Fletcher caught his drift.

He really hoped he wasnt about to be asked to murder someone. Scottie wasn't the murdering type, you see? It was wrong! And he didn't know Fletcher well enough to be willing to hide a body or anything - that was reserved for only one person in Scottie's life. Hopefully Logan would never mess up that badly.
The salute almost made Fletcher laugh out loud; he would have, too, had he not been so bone-tired. Plus this was a rather serious matter, so he didn't want to go giving Scottie (could he call him that yet?) the wrong idea.

Ah, good. It was destroyed then. Fletcher's smile made his eyes crinkle at the corners but he didn't address it further. Done. They were in business now. No, he had a perfectly capable former assistant he could ask to hide bodies for him. Scottie was... needed for something that required more skill than digging graves and destroying evidence.

"Right." The senior undersecretary crossed his legs, getting comfortable for the moment, and dropped his volume a little. "Back to what I said about Goldwasser. He is a busy man. He's been digging into personnel files all over the Ministry, mine included. It's an absolute violation of the Ministry's privacy and human resources practices." Fletcher shook his head. "But there's nothing you can do about that. You can, however, offer to help him."

He waited to see if Scottie would catch his drift....

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind