View Single Post
Old 01-15-2021, 05:32 AM   #16 (permalink)
BanaBatGirl
Dark Force Defense League

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Default Our timeline is still the first few days, k? *establishes this for the fans* lolololl
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
To say the hug from Ms. Grantham had been unexpected would be the understatement of the century. Though, er, perhaps so many unexpected things have happened in this century that such a statement has lost its, er, significance. Either way the hug was a surprise and Finneas wasn't used to them. As such, he tensed up a bit, feeling as awkward as one would imagine a limp, noodle-man to feel in such a circumstance. He errr moved to do that strange back patting thing that one did when they were in a strange hugging predicament that they did not expect. There, there. Heh? ..... ?

As Bernadette found herself moving towards her beanbag, Finneas continued doing his thorough check around the corridor because... well... you know. "Good, good," he nodded. Then, after his check was complete, he made quick work of shutting the door and casting a series of spells and precautionary enchantments with a sense of intense urgency. It was an exhausting thing to do every time he had a meeting with a student or anyone for that matter, but... these were the times they were living in now.

Lowering his wand with an exhausted sigh, the Muggle Studies professor began hobbling back to his own desk to take his seat across from the Gryffindor. Usually he'd take the time to see how she was doing, if she was adjusting to the term with ease, or to better understand the state of her overall well-being (it was hard to tell with teenagers). As it was, however, these were all usless questions for which one could infer the answer. So instead, he looked at her, his eyes conveying a sad sort of feeling, and lowered his voice, "I'm so sorry, Ms. Grantham."
Why was Schmoe walking like that? Was he okay?! "What did they DO to you?" Bernie demanded, watching carefully as he slipped into his desk. He looked about 100 years old already and it was only the first week of school. Bernie had always had trouble deciding if Schmoe was closer in age to her or to someone properly ancient, like old Professor Eris. Now he looked like he could be Eris's grandfather, which was super strange to imagine since some part of Schmoe was still rather baby-faced. Actually, speaking of faces, she should probably be forcing him to drink some potion or something to verify that he was, in fact, the real Finneas [insert middle name here] Schmoe before she said anything else.

But then he apologized out of the blue and all the fight and defiance seemed to leave Bernie's tired, very tired, fifteen-year-old body. Her blue eyes welled up and she looked up up and away from his sad old hangdog face. "No," Bernie couldn't look at him or she wouldn't be able to get this out, "I'M sorry. I know how hard you worked on the technology lab. I had to--- I had to play along and I blew up some CD-Roms and I'm SO SORRY, Professor."

Her eyes were definitely full of tears now, so Bernie just tilted her head back further into the beanbag till she was looking at the ceiling. The tears couldn't come trickling down her face if she didn't give gravity a chance!! That was how it worked, right?! Bernie was NOT going to start off this year by crying, NO SIREE.

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind