Thread: The Boathouse
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2021, 04:23 AM   #18 (permalink)
BanaBatGirl
Dark Force Defense League

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

...and adults, and authors, and actors, and LARPers, and even demon-spawn Slytherins engaged in pretending sometimes.

But no, there was no pretending here, none at all. This was a nonfiction, Nemesis!!!!

She nodded at the bit of rejection, nothing new there, and pulled her oars in further so they weren't hitting the wooden dock. She realized now that she needed a bit of a push start to get out of here, or maybe some kind of propulsion spell would be helpful? She was suddenly full of regret for sitting and getting comfortable in this boat without launching it properly and closer to the exit first. She didn't wanna drag it out to the edge and then hop in. She wanted to zoooooom out in style.

Bernie chewed her lip at her self-made quagmire. "Good luck to you." Yes, she knew there were other Upsteads here but they were boring in comparison to this one. The one perk of being the only witch in her family was that she got to leave all the family drama at home. She looked over her shoulder at Nem and hesitantly called out, "Before you go, do you know a spell that could rocket this boat out of here?"

Oh yes, she was going to be VERY careful making waves. Not. But if Nem COULD be a dear and help her out, she could lay down in the bottom of the boat and pretend to be a dead viking being sent off to the underworld on a funeral pyre. Minus the fire, of course.

SEE, PRETENDING WASN'T JUST FOR BABIES.

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind