Thread: Portfolio: a pinch of salt
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2021, 11:08 PM   #91 (permalink)
sweetpinkpixie

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay View Post
Those Cathal graphics! Omg the vibrancy and color, just gorgeous. The Gabrielle signature is really pretty too I like how you mention some of the things that you do when creating these. Are you using PS or Elements? I know how tricky the hair can be and I have another trick too, but I'm using PS and I don't think it translates on Elements.
That was really a stroke of luck with the image - though a sharpened layer over set to lighten also help accent freckles and those big ol' eyes. I'm using Elements bit of a learning curve adjusted from Photoshop to it when I first got it

Darius Lacroix

inspiration SSRPG character Darius Lacroix (sweetpinkpixie)
materials Adobe Photoshop Elements 9

I first made Darius so that I could participate in a Beauxbatons RP over in St.Mungo's. His voice had kind of been this nagging thought in the back of my mind for what felt like a year but I never explored it until the opportunity for a specific RP event happened and I had been thinking about making a French charrie so the timing was right In any event, these are some updated siggies for him now that he is no longer at the school. The two purple-y ones come from the same photoshoot of his FC and have some color adjusting going on but the main effect comes from applying this texture over the images (I think I had this set to hard light but it may have been soft light...I experimented a lot with the style there ). I lost the source for it but I remember downloading it from deviantart ages ago.

The warmer siggy's effect was created using this texture (same creator as the previous one from deviantart) and is also the texture I used on the graphics for Kale Trent and Cathal Myles, just the blending modes have been set to something different I only realized after the final save of the graphic and exited out of Elements sans saving the PSD that the lyric to the song Furr by Blitzen Trapper goes 'ON fire' and not 'OF fire' he isn't complaining so I will just keep the eye twitch to a minimum every time I see it pop up in my riggy rotation.

'rugged piece of fairy dust' is a trademark of one Felixir's brain

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes
sweetpinkpixie is offline   Reply With Quote