View Single Post
Old 01-13-2021, 03:27 AM   #26 (permalink)
Watson
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Octavius Jude Salander
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement
Slytherindor ♛ The Crazytastic Besties ♛ Shan Watson ♛

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayquilz View Post
Noah's dramatic antics only got him a snort from Aboli. "You guessed it. Oh nooOOoo. Whatever will I do now that you know my secret?" she said veeeeery dryly as she smirked in his direction. Her cheeks DID turn a deep scarlet color when he mentioned Christian because she felt like Noah would never stop bringing up her former conquest. "Christian is a Ravenclaw," she reminded him before poking his shoulder pretty hard. "But I don't LIKE Christian like that anymore, Noah. So stop. I like YOU like that. We've been over this." She felt like she was the reason he felt so compared to Christian, though. After all, it was she who had told Noah it was because he wasn't like Christian that she didn't like him like that. And at the time, she had thought that was true! But things had changed, hadn't they?

Deal with him? Aboli gave him a look. "Firstly, I can handle myself. Secondly, do not lose a hair on your head over me. Worry about yourself." Not that Aboli was good at taking this advice. The only reason she was so high on her own list was because she felt like she owed it to the littles and to her friends to survive. She was better ALIVE than DEAD, yeah? Well, so was Noah. "You just have to be extra careful because of your muggle-born-ness, Noah, okay? SO please...please be careful." And as he said, no 'Gryffindoring'. No OVERLY doing so.

"The victors." She finished his statement for him. "History is written by the victors. That's why so much British history makes us look like the good guys even though...you know colonization and whatnot," she plucked her gloves off to rub them together. "But you're not wrong....and...maybe they WILL let us finish education stuff." Her shoulders slumped once again as she let out a deep sigh. "They...just aren't there. Don't know what happened to them. I...I am hoping they're....just elsewhere," her voice was hardly above a whisper now that she was speaking of the animals. It was hard to think that they might be....dead. She kept her voice steady, though, because she didn't want it to quiver in emotion. Aboli HAD to be strong and steady.

Hmm.

A gap year had definitely crossed her mind. A gap year with Noah, however, had not. Now that sounded delightful. "Where would we go? If we took this hypothetical gap year?" A smile again graced her lips before she took his hand in hers, gloveless, and squeezed.
That cheeky comment made him chuckle in response. "Unwillingly agree to take over the world with me?" Noah winked, enjoying how GOOD it felt to just feel silly and happy instead of constantly looking over his shoulder. Heh. Now it was HIS turn to smirk. And she was right, he was never ever ever going to live that down because HE play acted as Christian a few times back then. He thought he deserved an Oscar or some sort of acting award for what he had managed to do. His face broke out into a GLEEFUL smile like a child who had just proven to the rest of the class that he was the smartest person in the room. Pure joy radiated from him. "Okay. Okay. I'll stop. I was just curious about which house he was in with him being a bad boy and all." He raised his left hand up into the air. "Alright. I'm not a scout but scout's honour that I won't bring him up for at least a month to start off with.... " That was something he could negotiate too.

Alright so Noah's type was def. women who could save him. There was just something so attractive about having a significant other or a person that you were keenly interested in be able to hold her on and be able to even protect you to a degree. However... There were times that... he would have preferred to protect Aboli. He chuckled, raising both hands into the air. "I know you're very capable and that most likely you'd end up saving me but... I'd like to think that I could come to your aid, y'know." Just him being a romantic. And once again - she was asking him to stay safe. How could he say no to her when she gave him that look? "I will." If it were between her and him, he wouldn't keep that promise. He'd rather save her than himself.

Ah that was the quote, wasn't it? Aboli had always been quite clever. "That was it!" he nodded before raising his eyebrows at her. "Ah yes. The British are good guys..." He paused, deciding to switch to his native language to ask her the next question. He suspected if people were listening that there may be a very, very narrow chance that they may understand Korean. "They don't say much about the Koreans. What would your step-father say?" he asked, his voice deepening as he slipped into his father's Busan dialect. He frowned, mirroring her body language as she spoke about the owls. Instead of adding on or commenting, he just squeezed her hand. It was the best comfort he could offer.

A gap year together? Yes, that sounded perfect and something that they could look towards together. They'd have to be able to go home after the school year had ended, yes? No one forced into any unfortunate circumstances like marriage or whatnot? Err.. Don't know why his mind went there. Perhaps he had read too many Victorian Era novels over the summer thanks to his sister's obsession with them. He pursed his lips. "Korea - we've both gone too. So maybe Japan? We could go see the cherry blossom festival? Or we could go to New Zealand? That would literally be the furthest point from all this craziness?" He paused before casting her a playful grin. "Though if you DID want to be romantic, we could go to Paris..."