View Single Post
Old 01-13-2021, 12:39 AM   #201 (permalink)
BanaBatGirl
Dark Force Defense League

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddles View Post
Mamie was quite pleased with the results of her knockback jinx on the cockatrice. She allowed herself a brief moment to be proud of herself, then turned to see Quinn's weasel chase after the cockatrice. She was glad he'd actually come back. And he brought friends!

"Let's keep going!" she urged Ashley and the two first years. The path was clear now, so they could keep going or maybe go around another turn. She felt like they were close to the end. She rebalanced her mirror, weasel leash, and wand in case the cockatrice came back or they found another one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiallNIP View Post
The weasel, slightly disappointed that the cockatrice was flipendo'd before he could get to it, trotted back over to Quinn in a huff. "Hey, where was that energy earlier?" Quinn asked, picking the weasel back up and setting it on his shoulder. The weasel harrumphed, or as close to a harrumph as a weasel could get, and it turned its head away from Quinn. He rolled his eyes at the theatrics.

Quinn caught back up with Mamie and the others as they continued on their way. "So... do the weasels really know their way our of here? Or are they just leading us away from the cockatrices?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post
"I agree with Mamie. Maybe the cockatrices are guarding the way to the end." And Ash wanted to get out fast. "I think the weasels are leading us towards the cockatrices. But maybe that's the right way? I'm not sure." Getting into the head of your opponent was a confusing process. "Let's just keep going until we hit the end or a blocked way. Then we can mark it off so that we don't go in the wrong direction twice." STrAteGy.

They were, indeed, close to the end, minus that---

Oh. A blocked corridor. Someone jinxed it. Best turn around and head in the other direction. They were, still, very close to escaping unscathed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
There was a small span in time between when she had left Kale outside the maze and when she heard him calling to her, that she had thought he wouldn't do so. With him being several years ahead of herself, she had expected him to go off with his friends. Not to mention she had sounded like a babbling fool when she had spoken to him.

She grinned more to herself than anything, coming to a stop to wait for him. This didn't quite please Rusty the Weasel who squeaked at her in annoyance. "Yes, yes, we'll get going in a second, promise," Lia hummed to him, glancing over her shoulder at Kale. "I didn't think you'd join us but.. hi there." She smiled up at him brightly, momentarily distracted by his hair and pretty face.

Good thing for Rusty who once again gave a tug at his harness, yanking her to the left much harder than expected for such a small creature. "Ow! Okay, easy... Rusty wants to go this way... so were going that way." No more explanation needed than that, sorry.

With Rusty leading them along, Lia passed her shard of broken mirror to Kale. "Do you think you can fit those together or something? Make them larger maybe?" Or he could just be in charge of using the mirrors to check around corners since she had to hold onto Rusty.

They must have been going the right way. Not only did Lia not see anything at all in their path but nothing could be heard either. This kept her moving at a steady pace, fully trusting her little companion.

Until... what was that? Dahlia glanced around, stopping in tracks without warning. "Do you hear that?" It was a quiet scratching followed by... was that... clucking?! It had to be close by... but where? "Should we go back? Keep going? Turn up ahead?" Kale help!
The clucking increased in volume, until its source became apparent: the head of a cockatrice thrust through the shrubbery until it was directly in Dahlia's path, letting out a loud, "CACAWWWWW!" that sounded like exactly the sound a half-rooster, half-dragon would make. It was the largest of the three cockatrices and its head was at eye-level for the first year.

A few tendrils of smoke even trailed out the cockatrice's beak as it snapped at the weasel on the harness. Its head bobbed and ducked as it tried to get to the thing, but alas, it had stuck itself in this maze.

Literally.

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind