Thread: Mysteries: Death Chamber
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2021, 11:16 PM   #28 (permalink)
MadAlice

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios Sunrider View Post
[COLOR="Navy"]
"Well.." Nero cleared his throat, touching his chest with a hand. "Permanent work stations in the Death Chamber are forbidden due to concerns of being near the veil for long periods of time." Another quiet throat clearing, his voice now sounding less like Vincent Price, and more like some lawyer"We are to report to a superior if we experience any of the following: Nausea, headaches, bad dreams, experiencing someone else's dreams, depression, deja vu, or death."
Jane smiled a little--she hadn't been serious when she suggested working in the Chamber.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios Sunrider View Post
"I'll make you a key for my work station if you promise not to tell on me. And try not to have any feelings you would not like share if you use any of my equipment. My psychometry has been rather sensitive lately." .
Jane was a little taken aback--were they so short on space here that the Unspeakables had to share workspaces? She was not sure what sort of space Dr. Nero was talking about or if it would be suitable, and she was not quite sure she wanted other people to have access to her work. "That's very kind of you, Doctor. But I hate to inconvenience you--alchemy requires rather a lot of equipment and can get rather messy at times. Is there really no assigned work areas for the staff here?" Maybe she would have to resort to setting up her lab in her flat again--not ideal, but she'd done it before. If working off premises was even allowed, which she suspected it wasn't. Perhaps she ought to pay a visit to Mr. Flamsteed after all.

She followed the doctor's eye over to Mr. Truebridge and his notebook, and smiled again--he rather reminded her of her old pupil, Violet Blackthorne, and her ever-present journals. Speaking of Violet, she was reminded that she hadn't had a response to her last letter to her. Perhaps she'd been unable to respond, though she had sent it to Hogwarts last spring on purpose, hoping the girl would be able to receive it away from the prying eyes of her family. But she'd received no response at all, not last spring nor over the entire summer. Violet must be back at school by now, surely she would be able to write back--if she wanted to, that is. Perhaps she was still angry with her former governess for taking her back to her grandfather. Jane made yet another mental note to check up on this as well.