Thread: Golden Gates
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2021, 04:52 AM   #23 (permalink)
Felixir

Book Club Mod

Alley Proprietor

MO & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Charlie Upstead
Gryffindor
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurelio Kaiser
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daxton Prince
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Nikolai Kaiser
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ezekiel Ransom-Kruus
Ollivanders
x12 x12
Default the shoe doesn't fall far from the tree, yes, i get u
Lovely™ | Captain Hurted | Ariana's Bane | Resident Antagonist | Unparalleled Delight

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
It was noted that Kaiser was no Finneas Schmoe when it came to nerves of jell-o consistency. However, Fletcher COULD be a loud!puff when the opportunity arose and this had just been one of those opportunities.

So he grinned at the lad, a close-mouthed grin of sorts since he'd just taken a large bite of his Kaiser sandwich. At least he liked the joke, right, and now was dropping couplets like the next Shakespeare in the Square! er.... Atrium! Fletcher approved!

"Right, well, we can walk and talk, or lurk and work, up to you," Fletcher shrugged and eyed the young assistant up and down. "Did you get something to eat? Don't want to starve ya." Or have anyone accusing him of not taking care of his employees, hem hem. There were certainly a lot more watchful eyes in the Ministry these days. But was Fletcher just going to waste these last six minutes of the PA's break on careless chitter-chatter? Maaaaaaaaybe.

Back to Kaiser (the human, not the bun). "Food court's always open, if you want me to treat you to something." Something without owl feathers or fecal matter on it, preferably.
The lurking joke was all well and good - all fun and games - all... something and... something else - but there was also that nagging voice in the back of Kaiser's head that warned him not to play into it too much. Even though he knew - well, guessed - that Fletcher might not really believe it of him, even after all these years Kaiser still made a decent effort to avoid seeming like he was up... to something.

"Walking and talking sounds good to me," Kaiser replied, automatically tugging his sleeve cuffs down, to avoid sticking his hands in his pockets. "Ahh, no thank you, sir, I've eaten." Eaten a bit, and couldn't quite bring himself to accept a 'treat', in any shape or form, not least from his boss. Not unless Kaiser himself felt he deserved one, which wasn't totally unheard of. Just sort of... cryptid status. "I am a machine re-oiled and well-fuelled."

Or maybe scratch that, and reverse it. Or rearrange it a bit.

Polyglot though he might be, those sayings and metaphors were still like to trip him up from time to time. Wordplay could be a nightmare.

Anyway. Yes. Walk and talk. Talk and walk. Kaiser (the human, not the bun) was on board.

You are Chocolate!