Thread: Mysteries: Death Chamber
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2020, 09:48 PM   #26 (permalink)
MadAlice

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Jane was roused from her thoughts by Nero's approach. She solemnly accepted the teacup shard he offered her, and was reminded of the other shard she was carrying in an inner pocket. While she was in the Hall of Prophecy, she had absently picked up one of the stray shards from an orb and put it in her pocket. Now she was reminded of it, and wondered if it would yield any information if she subjected it to some...experiments. For that matter, she had not yet asked the question she had initially wanted to ask.

"I'm not sure Mr. Flamsteed will want to see me again so soon--he was in a bit of a temper when he left the Hall of Prophecy. Though his letter did instruct me to report to his office, which I've not managed yet. I'll...consider it." Jane hesitated to make more trouble for herself, though she also doubted that Flamsteed would even recognize her as having been one of those in the Hall of Prophecy, he'd been so preoccupied and dismissive.

"By the way--do either of you know what one does for a workspace in this department? A desk, or a laboratory? As full of secrets as this Chamber is, it's not quite the right place to sit down and take notes, or brew. An alchemist, after all, required space and some specialized equipment. And Jane had not been off her feet all day, not counting sitting on this hard and cold marble step.