Thread: Law Enforcement: Reception and Waiting Area
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2020, 07:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
MadAlice

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Jane walked into the reception area of the Dept. of Magical Law Enforcement, smoothing down her hair and robes and attempting to look presentable, and not like a person who had had a rather difficult day and no lunch. She saw the pile of papers on the reception desk and went over to look at them. Ah, one filled out a form, folded it into a paper airplane, and directed it to the appropriate department. Efficient.

She pulled out her portable quill, took a form off the top of the pile, and, using the desk as a writing surface, began to fill it out.

Text Cut: Jane's form
To: Magical Law Enforcement Squad
Re: Suspicious graffiti observed in Diagon Alley
Date: July 14, 2102

On this date around midday I went to Potage's Cauldron Shop in Diagon Alley. On approaching the shop, I noticed that the display cauldrons in the window had been painted with graffiti, which consisted of the Deathly Hallows symbol and the words, "The Greater Good." On closer observation, the graffiti did not appear to have been made with ordinary paint.

When I arrived, I found two other witches there. One appeared to be in her late teens and left without giving a name. The other woman was a little older, perhaps in her early to mid-20s. They did not seem to know anything about the graffiti. While we were talking, a man passed by the window; he appeared to slow down at the sight of the graffiti, but did not stop.

Because of the symbols and words used, I thought this was perhaps something more serious than ordinary vandalism and thought I should report it.

There, that was done. Jane folded the form into an airplane, magically sent it off, and prepared to wait. She would much rather have tried to grab a quick tea, since she had missed lunch, but as a new Ministry employee, she felt she had a responsibility to report the event, especially since she got the idea that the other people there did not want to get involved.

Then Jane noticed the instant coffee machine in the corner. Thank goodness, at least she could get a much-needed dose of caffeine. She gratefully went over to get a cup, and then took it over to one of the chairs.