Thread: Mysteries: Death Chamber
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2020, 12:50 AM   #21 (permalink)
MadAlice

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios Sunrider View Post
"You were looking for Flamsteed's office, and ended up in the Hall of Prophecy while it were under attack by a golem. Flamsteed, the person who you were looking for, shows up, and takes care of the problem. It is the Hall of Prophecy, not the Hall of Chance. You were meant to be there for some reason. What do you think that reason might be, Ms. Howard?"
Jane started slightly at the sound of the cup shattering. Now she was staring at Nero for far longer than was probably polite. She devoutly hoped her mouth wasn't open. What might have been the reason she was there? She did show up in time to offer support to the lone witch she found there, but she didn't feel she had really done anything in particular. She had looked for whatever was breaking the orbs, encountered the rock golem (and nearly gotten squashed by its hand, now that she remembered), failed to stop it along with the others, and witnessed Flamsteed destroying the thing with a wave of his wand, and then repairing an orb with the same ease. Before yelling at them all and stalking out.

So...she'd seen a lot of strange things, possibly aggravated the golem by the light of her wand, failed to make the desired introduction to her new boss, and...and what? Witnessed the whole thing, but she hadn't been the only one. For the life of her, she couldn't think of any earth-shattering reason that she had been brought there by Fate.

"I..I'm afraid I don't really know. I mean...there was a witch there alone when I arrived, so I think I gave her some support by being there. I certainly didn't succeed at defeating the golem nor in repairing any orbs. I mostly was there as a...witness, I suppose, though not the only one. The other Unspeakables seemed not to be that upset--apparently this wasn't the first rock-golem to appear there." Which in itself wasn't a very good recommendation for her new job. But Jane wasn't going to let such a think deter her. And now she was curious about it all. "I'm really wishing I had more information about the whole thing--and perhaps I'll get it."