Thread: Office Center
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2020, 12:40 AM   #14 (permalink)
CruppieMom89
Formerly: Dances_With_Potter
Hufflepuff

DMAC
Jobberknoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
Conley was busy looking at his wand, thinking how much he hated technology. Smoke was fizzling from it, but perhaps it was just the smoke from the room curling around them. He was feeling quite in adequate a the moment, but perhaps the wand was broken. He lifted it to his ear to see if the Veela hair core had come loose, but he didn’t hear anything amiss. Well, at least not from his wand. He lowered it just as Ilse started laughing. He watched her, mouth falling open. Was she laughing at him? It sure felt like she was laughing at him. He frowned and then poked her with the tip of his wand. When finally she spoke, her words seemed to confirm that she was indeed laughing at him. He looked at her blankly as he thought, you try being scared out of your mind being surrounded by technology, then the noises and lights, and finally fire? It’d be hard for you to produce a patronus too. He wouldn’t admit to her, not to anyone how much he was frightened by technology. Nope, he would deny it to his last breath. ”You don’t look to grand yourself,” he finally said.

As agitated as he was, he tried very hard to put his feelings aside. It was hard considering his bruised ego. Taking a deep breath, he thought long and hard about his happy memory. ”Expecto Patronum.” A big silver Siberian Husky burst forth from the end of his wand, pranced a circle or two around them in excitement and then shot out of the room in search of maintenance. The sooner maintenance got here, the soon he could get away from the machines.

He watched the dog go, still surprised by it’s form, even though it had been a few years since it had changed. Then he looked at Ilse. ”Are you hurt?” he asked.
Ilse could tell that she’d hurt Conley’s feelings by laughing, so she quickly stifled it and took on a more serious face as he struggled to make a Patronus. It was a spell she struggled with as well, and besides that she didn’t want to hurt him more if she managed to do it on the first try when he was having a hard time. She smiled a small smile as a large dog erupted from his wand and went bounding off. She watched as it went, feeling like it was perfect for him somehow but she couldn’t really say why.

When he spoke to her, Ilse turned back to look at him. ”Oh, I’m fine. I’ve had much worse. Nothing some dittany won’t fix,” she said sincerely. ”Your plan was much better than mine. I was going to suck all the oxygen out of the room to put it out...” Her voice turned quiet again, back to her usual, shy, self-doubting persona.

It's a million things about you, and I don't know what it is. I have never known a love like this.