Thread: Mysteries: Love Chamber
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2020, 01:31 PM   #25 (permalink)
mellamaet
Slytherin

DoM
Jobberknoll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Serena Anastasia Anders
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Catherina Rhea Black
Mysteries
x2
|| Laura's walking popcorn || Lermaniac || Tazzie's Sugar || Mrs. Henderson

SPOILER!!: Sorry for the delay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
Text Cut: Ladies :)

Adam had opened his mouth to shout ‘lager’ again, but Laurel was a bit quicker. So instead he busied himself by putting the jar of moving things firmly on the shelf. Apparently, the Love Chamber was popular today. Often, most people avoided it because of all the potions bubbling around. Sure, the fountain of Amortentia sometimes pulled a few curious sniffers in, but most of the time the potioneers shooed them out. He bent down to pick up another jar, this time the item inside rattled. ”Are zere?” he asked as he stood up. ” See vhat happens vhen you take time off.” He smiled when he said it since it was meant as a joke, but came out a little flat. Because honestly? That dusty old chamber wasn’t often messed with. Mangus knew that Adam himself avoided it, unless he was looking for Laurel that was. Too many things for him to break or walk into. ” Anyzzing important lost or miss-“ he stopped talking as someone else walked up. He wasn’t entirely sure if they should be discussing this with anyone else. He wasn't sure how Laurel felt about him, but they’d been working together long enough for her to have earned his trust.

He didn’t recognized the voice. It was too chipper and too eager and therefore must be a new hire. ”Guten tag,” he greeted gruffly while shifting a bag of lionfish spines out of the way. He really needed to get the barrel of Bubotuber pus out so he could look at it. ”Ah-dahm,” he said waving in the wrong direction, not on purpose mind you. The man was basically a step above blind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
Text Cut: You two

Laurel instinctively wanted to take another step back from Adam and his now rattling jar. She didn’t like peculiar substances in jars. This was why she stuck to divination. It was safe. Nothing could pop out unexpectedly at you from a jar. Smiling since she was really glad to see Adam again Laurel asked. "Did you have a good christmas vacation?" As he stood up and joked with her, she held up a finger at him, but with a sunny smile. "Now, now Adam that’s on Airey for not keeping things in order while I was gone, not me."

The prophecy hall was usually avoided by most and usually not messed with like the lab, but not this time. "Yes there are, I was hoping that you could help me-" Before Laurel could say anything else or show Adam the smashed orb things she had collected as evidence as they were joined by another woman. A new hire obviously if the eager and chipper voice was anything to go by. Smiling, she shook the younger woman’s outstretched hand. "It’s nice to meet you Cath. I’m Laurel, I work in the prophecy hall too." Before she had a chance to shout watch out, Adam had waved his hand in the wrong direction when he aimed to shake Cath’s hand. Laurel just hoped that Cath didn’t get slapped by accident.

Catherina quickly leaned back, almost stumbling back on her heels as she narrowly avoided Adam's hand/slap/wave action. "Nice to meet you Adam" She said, after taking a step back - like a 'let's not injure ourselves with a slap' kind of a step back.

Then turning to the other lady in the room, she returned her smile with her own bright one and took another shot at shaking Laurel's hand. Hopefully no obstacles from Adam this time "Its nice to meet you too Laurel! I am looking forward to working with you!"

Looking around, she noticed at Adam was holding an array of items, and counterchecking it with on his list. "Are you guys taking inventory or something?" She asked curiously.