View Single Post
Old 10-21-2020, 12:50 AM   #17 (permalink)
BanaBatGirl
Dark Force Defense League

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Default sorry for the wait <333
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

SPOILER!!: Winnie & Oliver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
Winnie was trying very hard not to laugh at poor Oliver for two reasons. 1) no harm no foul and so, she had only been teasing. It seem the poor man really didn’t understand her sense of humor. 2) Cody was now standing there and she didn’t want to give him the wrong impression, because there wasn’t a wrong impression to give right? Right. So why did Oliver’s abashment come off as incredibly cute? Instead of laughing, she gave the man perhaps her most sincere smile since he’d run into her. And speaking of sincere smiles, the one Cody was sending her way made her tummy do a small little flip. ”Fine, fine.” she said with a smile in response to Cody’s hello. Simultaneously tucking the portfolio under an arm she rubbed her nose with the back of her hand and praying she didn’t have ink on her face as she watched the men shake hands. "Just off work are you?" she asked Cody, hoping the answer was yes. Maybe they could get lunch when her presentation was over.

The fearful look in Oliver’s eyes caught Winnie’s attention and her smile faltered. Oh dear. She’d done it again; startled someone with a casual remark about their aura. ”It’s not ominous.“ She hadn’t heard Cody’s muttering, but if she had she would have blushed even redder. It’d been a while since someone besides her family understood her gift, and while she wasn’t sure Cody 100% believed in her gift, at least he didn’t mock it. ”Just means you’re busy. Or perhaps flustered by something. Otherwise, your aura seems healthy. Nothing to worry about. I didn’t mean to pry. Just sometimes my gift has a mind of its own.” The apology was automatic. She’d been accused of snooping on people more than once.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
Oliver was taught to read body language and tone of voice and it was clear to him that this Cody chap wasn’t really happy to see him there talking to Winnie. They hadn’t said they were a couple, but why was Cody then defending, no explaining about this aura thing of Winnies if they weren’t seeing each other? Or was he just being a very overprotective friend? Oliver still had a shot at getting a date with the beautiful Winnie it seemed and he was going to do his best to get one.

Glancing over at Cody he wondered "Do you have a gift too?" Ollie ignored the inspection from the other man that was frankly a bit insulting. He had better manners than him clearly. "I have affairs at the bank, yes." That he was just withdrawing money and such wasn’t Cody’s business. Turning up the smile volume as he turned his attention to Winnie completely ignoring Cody’s presence Ollie said. "Thanks for easing my aura worries. It seems like a pretty handy gift to have. Would you be interested in drinking some coffee with me tomorrow and chat more about it? It could be useful in my healing of people." If this was going to upset Cody he’d have to wait and see.

"Kinda," Cody answered in response, resisting the urge to yawn deeply at her question about work. "I got a kip in before I came here." He held up his bag of gold to deposit, as though to illustrate his purpose. He found it amusing how they were carrying on a half-conversation right over Oliver's head, and he, meanwhile, had the audacity to ask Winnie out to coffee.

Cody tried his best not to burst out laughing. He was going to be ignored just like that, then?

"No, no gift here," he replied to the bloke loudly. "I just KNOW Winnie." You know? He knew her well, he thought. So well that he wasn't even remotely upset by Oliver's audacity. Instead, Cody too turned to Winnie, only his smile was more of a smirk as he waited to see what she said to the Healer's coffee date proposal.

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind