View Single Post
Old 10-08-2020, 03:06 PM   #12 (permalink)
Nordic Witch

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maria Kingstonsdottir Dolph
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

Text Cut: Winnie & Cody
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
Cody had been sleeping, as it turns out, after working something like twelve nights straight. He hadn't seen Winnie in ages and really needed to hire someone or force one of his brothers to take a shift so he could get a break to see her. But first, he had to deposit nearly two weeks worth of profits from The Thirteenth Use and then he was going to grab a bite and another kip. He was taking this deposit in himself in the hopes of possibly crossing her path, too.

Only it looked like someone else got to her first. Falling in line behind the bloke chatting her up, Cody sighed and hid a yawn and an eyeroll behind his hand. Wow, Oliver here was a Healer On Call. Could he heal Cody of the boredom that came from listening to him talk, or was that incurable? Asking for a friend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
Text Cut: Oliver and Cody

A healer? On call? How interesting! And might she say, bravo for the spot on apple green aura. It also totally explained the crimson flickers. Seemed like a job the man was made for. Then again, sometimes a person’s aura adapted to their surroundings. She would have to ponder that at a later time. Too bad she was unlikely to be able to do it in the man’s presence since he seemed to be rather busy. After all, he seemed interesting. To study only of course! Right...to study; purely professional. Not interesting in the other way, she told herself even as her heart sped up a little at their hand shake. And not because those eyes of his were a little intense and umm…distracting...

”Well,” she said slowly unsure if she would offend the handsome man standing in front of her. Auras aside, he wasn’t the easiest of reads, especially since he hadn’t caught her pun. ”You did just walk right into me while reading a newspaper.” Usually people didn’t multitask like that unless they were really busy. ”And, there is ah, the fact that your aura is flickering crimson.” She might have, blushed a bit crimson at this admission. Most people thought her gifts poppycock and when she tried to explain it to others who weren’t attuned, it often left her feeling a little silly.

Winnie’s own smile increased a little at the sight of Oliver’s genuine one. He had really a nice smile she found herself thinking. ”No, I have a meeting shortly. I work for - the – ah - bank.” She was distracted by Cody walking up behind Oliver. And that blush on her cheeks? It got brighter, because she suddenly felt like a kid who had been caught with her hand in the cookie jar. (Also? She still wasn’t sure if she had ink on her face.) Only, Cody didn’t seem too concerned about anything. In fact, he looked bored. She wasn’t sure if she should be worried or flattered or something else? For a moment she was tempted to tap into her gift and look over Cody’s turquoise aura for a hint. She refrained of course, if only because it was a little too easy to be overwhelmed by the foot traffic near the door. Not to mention a bit intrusive.

She gave Cody an unsure wave as she glanced from Oliver to Cody and back to Oliver. The portfolio slipped from under her arm and she grasped it with both hands in front of her. She wasn’t exactly sure what she should do here. A moment ago, she had been hoping to see Cody and now here he was. Sure, she was still excited to see him, but she had been enjoying her talk with Oliver too perhaps too much. Well, when in doubt, be polite. ”Oliver, may I introduce Cody Banner. Cody, Oliver-” Pause. ”I’m sorry I don’t think I caught your last name.” Oh yes, she thought. Cody was going to love this. He wasn’t really into formalities.

Pulling a hand through his hair Ollie apologized again, casting his eyes down since he did feel a little ashamed of his action but only a little. He didn’t usually walk straight into beautiful women with smiles that caused his senses to tingle but he didn’t say that out loud. Maybe it was something he should do more often though. It got Winnie to talk to him. Instead he tried to defend his previous action. "That’s true. I’m sorry. My only defense is that I----" but what his defense was he didn’t spell out until his eyes shot up again with confusion mixed with fear. "What do you mean by a flickering crimson aura? It sounds ominous Winnie." It didn’t sound good. Was it payback for him walking into Winnie? A healer with a curse was not good.

Distracted Ollie took in Winnie’s news about working at the bank without really hearing since he then felt how someone walked up behind him and stopped. Please don’t pull a prank on him. It was someone that Winnie knew though since she introduced them to each other after waving to the other guy. She didn’t say that he was her boyfriend at least, but the vibe the other guy was sending out wasn’t exactly kind Ollie noted silently to himself as he turned to face the other guy. Extending a hand towards the man for a shake out of courtesy after flashing Winnie a look, Ollie introduced himself. "It’s Rastrick. Oliver Rastrick. It's nice to meet you Cody." Now it was the other guy’s move. Hopefully he wasn’t going to do the childish thing and try to break his hand when he shook it, but he’d see, Cody could be the type to try. Weirder things had happened.