View Single Post
Old 10-06-2020, 02:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
Nordic Witch

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maria Kingstonsdottir Dolph
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

Text Cut: Winnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
Did he- was he - ah - joking? Winnie wasn't sure. Not with the way he was going on about the broom. Apparently the man didn't have an ear for puns. She finished rubbing her nose and then pushed a piece of hair back into place. "Right... um...not a broom gal." Nope, while she enjoyed quidditch as much as the next wizard, she was more of an apparator. After all, her job didn't really require the need to use a broom. "I'll take your word for it though." She attempted a smile, still a bit worried she might have ink on her face.

"Bit of a hurry then are you?" She asked him trying to place the maroon in his aura. Frustration? Stress? He didn't seem angry or depressed. Perhaps he was determined to get in and out of the bank quickly? Whatever the reason, she hoped she didn't aggravate the situation. After all, she had tried to tune out his aura as not to ah....pry. "Winnie." She tucked her portfolio under her other arm and then took the proffered hand, giving it a firm shake in return. "I find that it's also best to keep it short." She might have been staring a little at the young man and perhaps she held onto his hand a bit too long. "Ah...I mean your dealing with the goblins. Keep it short. Succinct." Never give anyone too much information. Well, unless they were paying you for it. That was her motto.

Oliver sadly had never been one for making jokes or puns. It wasn’t that he didn’t want to, it just wasn’t something he understood so he kept away from it, and thus it often caused weird situations and convos. Nodding understandingly, he said with a smile "That’s fine. Not everyone is crazy about brooms, since there are other modes of transportation." Oliver preferred apparating or flooing, but sometimes broom travel had its appeal too.

"Is it so obvious I’m in a hurry?" Oliver wondered, slightly bewildered. Most people usually couldn’t read his face and demeanor so quickly. As an explanation he shared with a quick glance to see that they weren’t blocking the steps to the bank. "I’m a healer on call. I have the morning off for errands, but if something acute happens i can get called in to work." Which was why he wanted to withdraw money and go buy some food and some new socks before that happened.

Putting some more warmth into his smile as he retracted his hand after the shake, Oliver said "It's a pleasure to meet you Winnie. Thanks for the goblin advice. Are you here to withdraw money from your bank vault too?" Or maybe she worked at the bank, it was another possibility.