Thread: Hangout Area
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2020, 01:53 AM   #23 (permalink)
Krel Ansell

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1
*randomly tagged* | Norbert(a) | The Wandmaker (tm)

Text Cut: David
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
Oh... well, that was depressing. David blinked a few times as he took in Conley's.... honesty? Not everyone would just tell a stranger these personal details, especially not such depressing ones. "I see," he replied simply. This story just seemed to illustrate the adage that where there's a will, there's a way. Some people were simply determined to have a family one way or another.

David's eyes narrowed slightly as Conley, was it, immediately figured out his floor. "I--- no, she does not," he answered quietly, studying the man for a moment as though realizing where he had seen him before. The Greenhouses, maybe? At the new employees... function? "You're the head of International Magical Cooperation." It dawned on him now. "So you must know Jessica Tomás--- she's my lunch buddy."

And his name was David, but he waited to see if the man would somehow already know that too. (And he would be greatly disturbed if he did.)

Ah, perhaps he has shared too much? If he had, he wasn't sorry. Conley was an honest person and the man had asked. He certainly could have explained a lot more, but then the man would have become more uncomfortable. As for being determined to be a father? Yes he was! The only way he would have given up the dream was if his husband really hadn't wanted children. Thankfully, that wasn't the case with Sachin.

And speaking of being uncomfortable? Apparently Conley's deduction had been correct and had taken the man off guard. "Interesting floor, Level 9," he said with a sly smile. No worries there mate, Conley wasn't going to ask anything invasive. He'd been down there a few times to visit with Airey, but he hadn't really been anywhere else of interest. "That I am. Conley," he offered up a hand for the man to shake. "Jessica's a lovely person. Good worker." Conley was the type of boss who loved it when his employees needed little supervision. In his mind, it meant they were doing their jobs properly.