Thread: Hangout Area
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2020, 05:27 PM   #21 (permalink)
Krel Ansell

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1
*randomly tagged* | Norbert(a) | The Wandmaker (tm)

Text Cut: David
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
So he was one of the ones who was cut out for it, it seemed. "Why would you miss out on the opportunity?" He inquired politely, curious now because of that statement. It was very... decisive.

The guy was not annoying David. If anything, he was annoyed with himself for being so desperate to escape the Department of Mysteries that it seemed he'd taken his lunch hour too early. "It is. A new habit, but a nice one." And he really could thank Jessica for agreeing to be his lunch buddy. Oh? "Which department do you work in?" Obviously he had to find out what this busy man did to forget his lunch time. David had been that dedicated once, back before... er, the accident, he supposed he could call it. Now he had an aversion to the Death Chamber... and the Chamber of Codes... and the whole floor, really...

Ha! Conley might have flushed a little at the question. How exactly did you explain to a complete stranger that your wife died from complications with Dragon Pox a few years after you got married causing you to throw yourself into work consequently leaving you lonely for so many years you’d never thought you’d find love again? ”Well,” he said spinning the wedding ring on his left hand. ”My wife died young.” There that wasn’t too depressing sounding was it? No need to distress anyone else’s day with his somber personal history. Still, his stomach did a little flip-flop-dip like it always did when he thought about Elodie. ”I recently remarried, but it’s not like my husband and I can exactly, you know…” He rolled his hand to emphasis his point. And yes, he said husband without a hint of hesitation or embarrassment.

”International Magical Cooperation,” he answered, unsurprised that the young man had no idea he was a department head. It seemed many of the workers here didn’t know anything about his department, unless they were here working on a VISA that was. He had an inclining that the young man worked on Level 9, merely from the fact that the man had been dismissive and vague regarding Conley’s question about how his day was going. He’d been around the ministry long enough to catch on to how a lot of Unspeakables redirected questions about their work. Still, the young man seemed a little distressed. ”Name’s Conley, by the way. Does your lunch mate work on Level 9 too?”