View Single Post
Old 09-16-2020, 09:40 PM

Post 'Fantastic Beasts' 3 has begun filming in UK, confirms Dumbledore actor Jude Law

Contrary to earlier reports, Fantastic Beasts 3 has already begun filming at Leavesden Studios, as confirmed this week by actor Jude Law, who plays Albus Dumbledore in the series.

Law confirmed the start of production during an interview on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, where he was spotted sporting young Dumbledore's beard and look already. The actor stated that production was meant to start exactly when COVID lockdown kicked in back in March.

Quote:
Jimmy Fallon: The beard is for - are you filming Fantastic Beasts now?
Jude Law:
I just started. I was meant to start, I believe the day London went into lockdown. So we were all prepped, set, everyone ready to go, rehearsals done, and we all went into our various lockdown states.

And so I've been waiting. There were several moments I kept thinking, 'Ah, you know, maybe I'll just shave it off, grow it again.' But I couldn't go through the two-week burn, you know?

I'll tell you what I do have, since last time I played Dumbledore, I have a lot more grey hair, that's for sure. So then I'm like, 'Wow, they're not going to have to put anything in there, that's all me.
The earlier report could reference Johnny Depp's involvement in the third movie of J.K. Rowling's saga, and that he would begin filming in October.

The third installment will be directed by David Yates, and will bring back the cast of the series including Eddie Redmayne as Newt Scamander, Jude Law as Albus Dumbledore and Johnny Depp as Gellert Grindelwald along with Ezra Miller (Credence / Aurelius Dumbledore), Alison Sudol (Queenie Goldstein), Dan Fogler (Jacob Kowalski), Katherine Waterston (Tina Goldstein) and Jessica Williams as Professor Eulalie “Lally” Hicks. It's still set for a November 2021 theatrical release.