View Single Post
Old 09-15-2020, 01:58 AM   #14 (permalink)
Krel Ansell

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1
*randomly tagged* | Norbert(a) | The Wandmaker (tm)

Text Cut: Grae
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireheart View Post
"It wasn't me, thank Merlin!" she replied with a shake of her head. "I just had to accompany a young wizard who left his right foot in the Atrium. And on his first try! I felt bad for him." He had been so excited to get his apparition license, but he couldn't even make it past the first practical test. And why was it that they seemed to be leaving parts of their lower appendages behind lately? When Grae first started at the Ministry, the most common splinching happened with little parts of the face like eyebrows or earlobes. But in the past month, she'd seen a toenail, a shin, and now an entire foot. Strange indeed.

She raised her eyebrows at Adam's mention of the wolfsbane potion. "A very fascinating cause," Grae said, although she was fairly certain he was lying. Wouldn't it be exciting to sneak into the DoM one day to find out what they were working on down there? Of course, she'd never actually do anything like that - she treasured her job too much. But it was an entertaining idea. "Rumors were swirling about a werewolf attack a few months ago at Primrose Hill, which I thought was odd, because what in the world was a werewolf doing in the middle of London? Although it could have been those gossipy old witches in my building just stirring up drama again." Thankfully, Grae had never encountered a real werewolf before, and she hoped to keep it that way. Nevertheless, the news about a werewolf roaming the city unnerved her.

A glance down at her watch told her that she should get back to her office soon, as she had a few appointments this afternoon that she needed to prepare for. But she would much rather make small talk than return to her looming pile of apparition exams, so she figured she'd hang around for a few more minutes. "So I'm assuming you're fixing your VISA because you have some exciting travels coming up? Where to?" She wondered if he was heading home to Germany or somewhere else completely. Grae really wasn't trying to be nosy, even though it often came across that way - she just never got the chance to travel herself, so she liked to live vicariously through other people.

Grae’s relief was a little contagious and he found himself nodding and sharing her concern about the failed apparition attempt. ”I remember mein own try.” He rubbed an ear. ”Zankfully, I only lost an ear once.” But hearing it was common made him feel a little better about his own failed attempts. Still, it was concerning to hear that more people were having trouble than usual. Maybe it had something to do with the failed lifts and memos and some of the problems that had happened on Level 9. Could there be a magic inhibitor on the building? ”Do ze problems only happen inside ze buildingk?” he asked, unable to stop his train of thought.

”Werewolfe life up in all type uff places.” he replied, completely unworried about one possibly being in London. In fact, there were likely more in town than anyone really wanted to admit. The thing it, they were often still feared and persecuted so much that Adam was sure most of them tried to keep their conditions secret. He’d also completely missed her facial que of not believing him. If he had, he might have thought she was teasing him. As it was, he thought she was sincere. ”Some day I vill figure it out.” After all, every failure was a success in it’s own way.

Travel plans? Him? No…not really. He just liked to be able to go home to visit his father when he could. Still., the idea of traveling did sound good. Perhaps he could talk Zita into a short trip someplace warm. ”Chust to Vittlich. Mein family iss schtill zere. But a trip does sound good. Any suggestions?”