View Single Post
Old 08-31-2020, 11:50 PM   #11 (permalink)
Fireheart

DMT & DMLE
Firecrab

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Avalon Sinclair
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Japser Cohen
Magical Creatures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
He heard the click-clack of heels and wondered if he should try and stop the person and ask for help. Sigh. He really was tired of being dependent on the kindness of strangers, but sadly that was his life. He also thought he smelt coffee. Maybe the person walking was carrying a cup? No…the smell didn’t get much stronger as the person approached. Still, maybe he’d just let the person go by and try to make his way to DIMC by himself. Or, maybe he’d just slink back to level nine (aka get lost somewhere else).

Bah! Too late. Someone was asking if he needed help. Well, at least that saved him the awkwardness of having to ask for help. But still…. Magnus’s pointy hat he missed being independent. ”Vell,” he started to say as she scratched vigorously at his hairline.

Both hands went up at the sound of his name. ”Ja?” He conceded slowly. He didn’t know why admitted his name made him feel as if he was afraid he was going to get yelled at for something he didn’t do, but he certainly felt like a little kid who had gotten caught trying to steal a cookie. And while the voice sounded familiar, he wasn’t 100% sure who was talking to him. Gale, or Grail or something like that if he remembered. He was pretty sure they met at an Orientation event sometime. He’d been in the Ministry so long he didn’t remember everyone’s name, although he was pretty sure she worked in Transportation. He apparently really needed to get out of the Love Chamber more often. At the mention of his glasses, he sheepishly adjusted them with his right hand. He might have, also, you know might be looking a bit too far to the left while he talked with Grae. ” I zink somezzing vas filled out vrong on mein FISA.” He said simply. ”I vas trying to find International Kooperation.” Quick. He thought. Ask her something about her day and maybe he could figure out her name again. ”Undt you? How is your day going?”
Grae attempted to suppress a smile as the man put his hands up at the sound of his name, as if he was in trouble or something. Perhaps he was used to following strict rules of where you could and couldn't go down in the lower levels. Security was much more tight there. Fortunately, mid-level employees were allowed to roam around (mostly) wherever they pleased.

She was also glad to hear his unmistakable accent. Now she remembered - Adam was the bloke from Germany. Grae was quite skilled with remembering names, faces, and job titles of the people she met at orientation, but life stories? Not so much. She was also quite oblivious to the fact that others might not be so adept at recalling names. "Well, you're in the right place! I was just taking the long way back to my office," Grae said, gesturing to the DIMC sign. While she worked on the sixth floor, she often enjoyed taking the stairs, stopping at each floor for a quick meander. Short walks and chitchats with coworkers helped keep her energized throughout the day.

"I'm doing well, save for a few apparition emergencies this morning. But nothing a quick trip to St. Mungo's couldn't fix," she replied, thinking back to the nasty splinching incident earlier today. Thank Merlin, the healer reassured them that the boy was going to be just fine. "How about yourself? Working on anything interesting lately?" Grae was perfectly aware that unspeakables weren't really allowed to talk about their work outside of their department, but she enjoyed teasing them a bit nevertheless.