Thread: Street Vendors
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2020, 01:02 PM   #122 (permalink)
Watson
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Octavius Jude Salander
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement
Slytherindor ♛ The Crazytastic Besties ♛ Shan Watson ♛

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
Why was she here? She stopped and looked around, how did she even get here? She had been walking and daydreaming, thinking about poka dots and how poka dots would look fun on the grass and in the sky. Now she was standing here in front of vendors and oh was that a shiny necklace someone was selling?

As she hurried over towards it she stopped when someone said a name, "Polo" giggling to herself a bit, she knew he didn't say Marco, but couldn't it work that way too. Then he was describing someone and Gemma realized he was lost or the other person was. Going a little closer she gave a small smile, "Maybe he is just hiding? I mean I hide from my brother all the time. Have you checked under the tables? I mean is it your brother or a dog?" Maybe he lost his pet. That might actually be harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireheart View Post
Why was it that every time the Sinclair family made their way to Diagon Alley for summer shopping, her mum and dad just had to run into people they knew at the Leaky Cauldron? It seemed to be an annual occurrence. This year, it had been the chatty, ecclectic old witch that used to live down the street from the Sinclairs when Avalon was a child. Not wanting to make small talk (she was far too excited to pick up all the items on her supply list), Avalon had politely excused herself, leaving her parents in the pub to catch up with the woman. But she realized as soon as she stepped through the brick wall that she couldn't check off many items without her mum and dad accompanying her. After all, they were the ones with the galleons.

So, Avalon strolled down the street, peering at the various vendor stands and carts to pass the time. Before long, her stomach was growling from all the scents. How had she been to Diagon Alley so many times and never tried Cauldron Bread?! She made a mental note to buy a bowl later. Avalon stopped in front of a jewelry stand, peering at a gorgeous, sparkling necklace. That would look absolutely stunning with her latest dress design! But before she could ask the vendor how much it cost, she noticed a fellow Hogwarts student heading over, yelling something about polo. The Ravenclaw followed Gemma's line of sight to none othat than Noah Nam.

Breaking into a grin at the sight of her schoolmates, she gave them both an enthusiastic wave. "Hi, you two!" Avalon said as she made her way toward them. It was always exciting to see her peers in Diagon Alley. Noah seemed to have lost someone....perhaps his little brother? She didn't know him well enough to be familiar with his family situation. Either way, that was rotten luck. It was hard to find people in Diagon Alley, especially short ones. "Lost kid? Have you checked either Sugarplum's or Florean's?" A child would probably head straight for the sugar, right?
Noah tilted his head slightly to the right at a voice. Polo? “Marco.....?” he pointed to himself, slightly confused but going along with it for a moment. “You’re not Evan....” Well to be fair her name could have been Evan.... Maybe she had been playing a game of Marco Polo that he had interrupted. He offered her a small smile, hopeful that this girl could help him. He listened to her speak, nodding when she asked a question, before pausing after the girl’s question if he was a dog or a brother. “He’s my brother. I swear he’s very human.... that I know of. Eleven years old. Super smart. He’s probably hiding in a bookshop....” He paused as realization washed over him. “Maybe Evan was in Flourish and Blotts?” It seemed like a shop where Evan would find sanctuary to avoid everyone and just enjoy learning everything about the Wizarding World. “You hide from your older brother? Is it a game?” A younger sibling game to which he had know idea because he was an older siblings. Maybe this was kept in the younger sibling handbook! Blasphemy! Oh what fun it would be to be a younger sibling.

Just as Noah was about to introduce himself, someone joined them. Oh! He knew this person. “Avalon!” he beamed, glad to see her. “How’s your summer?” He paused as she offered two possible locations for his younger brother to be hiding. Floreans or Sugarplums.... Hmmm Two viable options indeed. “I’m hoping he goes to Florean’s - I told him to go there if he ever got lost but now we have three potential places for him to be at Floreans, Sugarplums, or Flourish and Blotts.... I just hope he hasn’t gone down towards Knockturn Alley.” Nothing ever good happened down there.

Turning his gaze back to the ’Polo’, he offered her a smile. “I’m Noah but I guess Marco works too,” he joked.