Thread: Street Vendors
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2020, 11:55 PM   #101 (permalink)
Krel Ansell

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1
*randomly tagged* | Norbert(a) | The Wandmaker (tm)

Text Cut: Naia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
She couldn't help but GIGGLE at his rhyme, because judging by his face it had been unintentional. "You're a poet and didn't even know it!" Because she was cheesy, just like her dad, and would ALWAYS go for the lamest and most available joke. Like she just had. "Herbs and Remedies 101 with Marsh, avoid. Got it! I think that's on my list for next term, but I'll see if I can find a different Professor. Maybe I'll get lucky!" And if not, maybe she'd just hunt him down later at Uni and request if he had any old notes.

Oooh, lucky! He had grown up around jokes and slang. "My parents adapted to sounding very American pretty quickly. And my Grandda was not much of a jokester, except for TERRIBLE puns which my father inherited," And her too, but she didn't need to out herself on that yet, "So I didn't hear it too much. Perhaps you can help impart wisdom and translate for me?" Because honestly, yes. Help.

Ahh, a fellow traveler. She nodded her head as he spoke, outlining the different places he had lived. She noted he mentioned his parents had moved a bit for work, so she couldn't stop herself from inquiring what they did. "What do they do? Your parents?" She thought for a moment, trying to remember much about her parent's moving patterns. "I don't remember where my mom was born, but Dad grew up in Dublin. My twin sister and I were born here in London, but my mom was offered a teaching position in the States so they relocated us to Boston for awhile. Then she got another offer and we ended up in Alaska where we pretty much stayed."

Naia couldn't help but give a small chuckle at his words, "It was the opposite for me. I wonder if we would have ran into each other before if either of us chose different?" Or if they had run into each other at all and just didn't know since SO long ago. "It's really nice to meet you, Kalen." And she beamed a little brighter at the name compliment. She was quite fond of it. "My twin sister wanted to go to Hogwarts. I tried a term or so without her but... I missed her so I transferred. Hogwarts wasn't bad."

Kalen laughed too, grateful that she didn’t think he was a big dweeb. She was growing on him, that was for sure. ”What else is on your list? Most of the other professors aren’t terrible, but some can be very dry.” Too bad she was a term behind him, because he could really use a study budy. It had been hard studying for everything by himself the last year and he hadn’t really met anyone he’d clicked with. Well, besides Anna. Just the thought of her made him a little bubbly. Only she was not the studious type. Not-at-all!

Terrible puns? Was there such a thing as terrible puns? ”Well, what do you have problems with? I’d be happy to work as your translator. I think the worst is when they say they’re putting a jumper. I hear that and think they’re going to leap off a cliff. And Al-u-mini-um? Nope. It’s uh-loo-muh-nuhm…” He chuckled, although a part of his brain registered that he was babbling.

Ahh, a fellow traveler. She nodded her head as he spoke, outlining the different places he had lived. She noted he mentioned his parents had moved a bit for work, so she couldn't stop herself from inquiring what they did. "What do they do? Your parents?" She thought for a moment, trying to remember much about her parent's moving patterns. "I don't remember where my mom was born, but Dad grew up in Dublin. My twin sister and I were born here in London, but my mom was offered a teaching position in the States so they relocated us to Boston for awhile. Then she got another offer and we ended up in Alaska where we pretty much stayed."

And there it was, the what did your parents do for a living. ”Mum’s a retired Ambassador for the British Ministry. And dad? Well, he ah…” Kalen rubbed his nose with the back of his hand. ”Dad was a Beater for the Falmouth Falcons. Now he’s working with the American World Cup team…so they’re living in Boston near my folks right now.” Naia herself just kept getting more and more interesting. ”Twin sister eh? I bet that’s interesting. Do you guy have telepathic abilities or is that just poppycock?” Kalen was a only child himself and therefore found relations between siblings interesting.

”We might have. But only if you spent a lot of time in the library. I was kind of a- ah- bookworm.” He coughed out bookworm as if he was a bit embarrassed about it. ”Although I spent a good deal of time at the quidditch pitch too.” With a professional quidditch player for a dad? Of course he did. He was chewing on a piece of meat while she talked about transferring. ”Sounds like you didn’t really want to transfer. My folks always said Hogwarts was amazing. Having attended both schools, which did you like better?” He’d always wondered a little if he had missed out on something by not attending his folks alma matter.