Thread: Ecological: The Greenhouses
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2020, 01:19 PM   #97 (permalink)
hjhm

MO & DMLE
Jobberknoll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eron Rutherford
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jonathan Kim
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Kiko Koline
Law Enforcement
x4 x2
♣ Heejin here | Did somebody say coffee & cakes? | cat lover ♣

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireheart View Post
Ryder peered up and down at the plant again before giving Kiko a shrug. "Honestly? No idea. But I'm hoping they have at least have some fragrant potions on hand to diffuse the smell." Or perhaps they could put a shield up around the plant. "Or maybe they modified it somehow." Herbologists were able to change the genes of plants to make them have different characteristics, weren't they? So perhaps they changed this flower to make it smell better? Either way, he hoped the DERP employees had some sort of plan in place.

As the conversation turned to holidays, he nodded in admiration of Kiko's Christmas plans. So he wasn't the only one that had spent this holiday alone. Traveling solo sounded wonderful, actually. And it would have made a much better excuse for missing out on his family's gathering than 'I'm stuck at the office with some pressing cases.' Maybe he'd have to put traveling on the list for next year. Although it did make him wonder why his coworker hadn't spent Christmas with a significant other or her family. "Ah, I miss France. Spent two summers there during University." The best part was definitely the food. Much better than his atrocious cooking. Ryder shifted on his feet a bit, unsure of what to tell Kiko about his own Christmas. It sounded kind of pathetic to admit that he had really spent it totally alone, preferring the solitude over the Medina family party. "Mine was nothing special. The usual," he said, running a hand through his hair. "But perhaps I'll try a holiday trip next year. I've always wanted to spend one Christmas in a different country."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical Soul View Post
Cupcakes? Oh yes, please. "Thanks. Did you take those off the table or did you make them?" He couldn't tell. Luther took one of Kiko's cupcakes anyway and munched on one nodding his head at her approving of the taste. Mhmmm. Oh? Someone joined them. And then someone else. And... okay, wow the MLE people were a lot in this party, weren't they? They were easy to spot, too, as ironic as that was considering they had to be subtle in almost everything.

"Excuse me, then," he informed the small group but mainly the girl (Kiko) who he was chatting with. If she already had her drink, he needed his. And off he went to the drinking table.

[/color]

"Yeah, something to look forward to" she replied, of course she had to smirk. Fingers crossed really. Kiko was not thrilled at the idea that seconds or maybe hours from now this plant will somehow bloom of all days and release the stinkiest and deadliest smell. Times like these the universe is clearly right that she shouldn't attend social events because something like this could happen. But hey, right now... free drinks.

Kiko managed to finished most of her drink as they talked holidays and vacations. She rarely travels since she's always working, even when she was still in uni she still had to work all the time. But it's nice when people talk about their journeys. It was her way to see the world differently without having to travel. "France is fascinating. Just like you, I also want to travel every Christmas" she agreed. She had a nice experience with her recent escapade. "Do you like to travel, monsieur?" Kiko chuckled.

Blink. Blink.

Uhmmm... Kiko just bit into the last piece of cupcake when the man asked him if he made them. Kiko was a lot of things, quite the workaholic, loves milk pudding and can mountain climb but she is never the baker. Her only attempt to pastry making or cooking is making her morning coffee. Kiko chuckled under her breath and shook her head "I wish I can bake something this marvelous but no. I found them on the table next to the beverages" she explained. Yummy, right?

Kiko nodded at the man when he excused himself but just when she was about to respond to him an awful putrid smell filled the room. She made a face. Ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew! She looked at Ryder and took out her handkerchief "Are we allowed to leave?"