View Single Post
Old 06-05-2020, 04:30 AM   #17 (permalink)
ArianaBlack
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Laini Gracae-Ryans
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

SPOILER!!: the DRAMATICS are strong in this one
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
Forget the dating-his-sister (or not) thing. Bernie was taking her firing as Muggle Studies TA straight to heart. TO HEART. She was DEVASTATED! TORN UP! SHOOKETH! SHAKEN TO HER CORE! It was a SHOT TO THE HEART, and SCHMOE WAS TO BLAME! She continued sobbing for a good few MINUTES, drowning him out with her tears and she shook and sobbed and cried and got snot all over the place.

Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy? Bernie felt like she was caught in a landslide, with no obvious escape from reality. Stuck in her beanbag, she opened her swollen eyes, looked up to the skies (the ceiling) and saw what she had to do. She was, admittedly, inspired by an old Muggle song that had popped into her head.

"I'm just a poooooor girl, I need no s-s-sympathy," she stammered, gathering her things (the notebook on the desk and her little quill and bag beside her). "T-t-too late, my t-time has come," she continued her muttering to herself. "Goodbye, everybody, I've g-goooooot to go.... just g-g-gotta get out, just gotta g-get right outta here..."

She rolled out of the beanbag, since her legs weren't working right, and, with the aid of Schmoe's desk, took an agonizingly long few minutes to drag herself to her feet, righteously smearing snot and Merlin knew what else on the corner of the desk.

"I will be d-dropping your c-class, professor," she stammered, making eye contact with ONLY the floor, "on account of h-h0w you don't need m--m-meeee anymore, and I d-d-d," she couldn't even get it out, "I DEFINITELY don't need YOUR CLASS!" There was the classic Bernadette O. Grantham. She wasn't no crybaby! She wiped her nose on her sleeve and GLARED at him. "I HATE YOU!!! I hate you for making me think I could trust ANY of the STUPID TEACHERS in this STUPID SCHOOL! I HATE YOU for MAKING ME LIKE YOUR CLASS and and and FOR TRYING TO BE GOOD IN IT!"

...maybe she wasn't done being a crybaby yet. Bernie burst into tears one last time because admitting this all was very difficult for her to do, and she dropped her notebook and pen to cover her face again.

HE WAS NOT DATING HIS SISTER!!! FOR THE RECORD. FOR ANYONE WHO WAS READING THIS. JUST TO BE CLEAR!!!!

Anyway, ANYWAY, AnYwAy. This was getting rather dramatic. Finneas Schmoe was rather uncomfortable. And his office ceiling was receiving quite a disheartened stare. To be quiet honest, Finneas was hoping there would be an end to the tears, especially with all his words of reassurance and wisdom. He wasn’t cut out for the crying child life. Not cut out at all.

So much was happening that he couldn’t even get a word in between the deciding to drop the class and the ‘on account of how you don’t need me anymore’. Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. And then the hate. That made him wince a bit. He felt that one in his heart. She said it with much conviction, y’know?

And then MORE sobbing??? Would she ever run out of tears??? Weren’t her eyes TIRED? Because Finneas’ eyes were tired by mere association!

”…. Er……….. Bernadette,” there were many things Finneas knew how to do. Consoling a crying student was not one of those things. ”……. How can we fix this?” It was better to ask questions in these situations right? Uh.

SPOILER!!: SORRY ABOUT THE HOMEWORK LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by littledhampir View Post

Alexandre was pleased that Professor Schmoe seemed to think there were several things he could do that would involve make believe and creativity. Alexandre was having a hard time thinking of those things himself. "My mother is an actress. That's kind of like make believe. But I don't want to do that." He did think that she probably had lots of fun, and he liked to watch her when he could, but he didn't think that was really for him. Schmoe's next suggestion earned a skeptical look from the Ravenclaw. "Tutoring? I don't think I'm smart enough for that." He could barely complete his own homework, how was he supposed to teach someone else? Willow was different because she was his sister, and also a first year.

It was a little reassuring, to hear that even if he started to figure something out he wouldn't be stuck with it and could still change after graduation. But he was still worried about how his scores may cut him off to certain paths that he might not even know he wanted yet. He leaned over Schmoe's desk to look at the list he was sliding over. "Should I do this now?" Was Professor Schmoe giving him more homework? Though at least this didn't look too hard. Alexandre could circle some words.

The first thing that jumped out at him was family, and then a little below that was friendship. He went ahead and circled those two because family and friends were the most important things to him. But he didn't really know how that would help determine his future. He decided to circle community to kind of bring those two together. Being surrounded by people he cared about was definitely important to him. He circled imagination too, like they had already talked about, and enjoyment, because he didn't want to do something he didn't enjoy. And finally he circled kindness, because kindness was always important. There were other words on the list that he thought were nice, but if he was supposed to focus on what drew him in the most then he thought his list covered it.

Finneas watched the young man carefully, as if he would be able to pick up on nuance such as body language and facial expressions. All things he was very bad at picking up on, but well ANYWAY. ”Knowing what you don’t want to do is, coincidentally, another good way to go about the search.” At least it was knowing something, y’know? Finneas had no idea he wanted to be a professor when he was that age! Granted, he had already graduated from Hogwarts and was in University. But. Er. Details shmeeetails. ”Mr. Pascal, you are smart enough for anything you put your mind to.” His students really needed to stop with this ‘I’m not’ business. In Finneas’ opinion, it was a very insidious mentality.

Finneas nodded, pushing the list further across the table and waited for Alexandre to get started. Homework was a teachers best friend, didn’t he know? This was fun homework though.

He waited patiently until the fifth year finished. ”I err… Know it may not seem so straightforward,” he blinked a few times, twiddling his thumbs underneath his desk. ”But when you’re thinking about potential occupations, knowing your values can help in a very practical regard. Errr… What were some of the ones you identified?” He tried to peer over but his eyes were a lot weaker than they used to be.

You are Lemon!