View Single Post
Old 06-03-2020, 05:56 PM   #16 (permalink)
littledhampir

DoM
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alissa Rhodes
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Indigo Rousseau
Mysteries
x8
not throwing away my shot | Slytherpuff | roll for initiative | woof you ❤

SPOILER!!: giving me homework smh
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
Finneas listened very intently as the young Ravenclaw explained. Not having a particular interest in any specific class would make this slightly more difficult and though Finneas was nervous, he was also keen to help. SO. Er. They’d figure it out together, hopefully. It was just about asking the right questions… Hopefully. ”Make believe,” he repeated before thinking for a long while. ”Well that is good news, Mr. Pascal! Make believe is all about creativity and the ability to bring ideas to life. All very important for many occupations.” Finneas was thinking out loud here. He was also thinking about this last thing that Alexandre said too. ”Have you considered tutoring your other classmates? Teaching could always be a possibility! I am slightly biased here, but if you would like to know more about the field…” Finneas wiggled his eyebrows a little. Just a bit.

AnYwAy. "In any case, Mr. Pascal. Rest assured, most people do not know exactly what they want to do after graduation. And the ones who do will likely find themselves changing course along the way." He hoped this could be a little reassuring. He paused for a moment, reaching into one of the drawers in his desk and shuffled some things around before pulling out a document he had just for moments like these! "Something you may find useful is to identify what values are most important to you. A smart young mind like yours can find success in any field, but errrr finding a fulfilling path takes self-reflection. If you can identify what values you hold in high regard, it will become much err easier to identify whether a certain field will be able to fulfill those needs." He slid the list across the table. "Take a look at this, see if any of these values jump out at you more than the rest. It errr... May be helpful to identify three or ... five that are most important to you."

Alexandre was pleased that Professor Schmoe seemed to think there were several things he could do that would involve make believe and creativity. Alexandre was having a hard time thinking of those things himself. "My mother is an actress. That's kind of like make believe. But I don't want to do that." He did think that she probably had lots of fun, and he liked to watch her when he could, but he didn't think that was really for him. Schmoe's next suggestion earned a skeptical look from the Ravenclaw. "Tutoring? I don't think I'm smart enough for that." He could barely complete his own homework, how was he supposed to teach someone else? Willow was different because she was his sister, and also a first year.

It was a little reassuring, to hear that even if he started to figure something out he wouldn't be stuck with it and could still change after graduation. But he was still worried about how his scores may cut him off to certain paths that he might not even know he wanted yet. He leaned over Schmoe's desk to look at the list he was sliding over. "Should I do this now?" Was Professor Schmoe giving him more homework? Though at least this didn't look too hard. Alexandre could circle some words.

The first thing that jumped out at him was family, and then a little below that was friendship. He went ahead and circled those two because family and friends were the most important things to him. But he didn't really know how that would help determine his future. He decided to circle community to kind of bring those two together. Being surrounded by people he cared about was definitely important to him. He circled imagination too, like they had already talked about, and enjoyment, because he didn't want to do something he didn't enjoy. And finally he circled kindness, because kindness was always important. There were other words on the list that he thought were nice, but if he was supposed to focus on what drew him in the most then he thought his list covered it.