View Single Post
Old 05-26-2020, 05:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
FearlessLeader19
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DIMC & DMGS

Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aria Mae McLeod
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ryder Jude Anders
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucas Riley Hawthorne
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Default Quidditch in the Movies
~ Mrs Steve Harrington ~ Marvel-ous Patronus

No doubt when we first read the books, we were in awe of Quidditch. I know I was! We would each have pictured a game as we read based on the descriptions given to us by Jo. We got to see those descriptions come to life on screen first in 2001 with the release of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.

Tell us your thoughts: did the movies' version live up to your expectations? Were the hoops, balls' designs, players' robes etc done justice? The pitch? The arena for seating? Are you a yay or nay for the technology used to construct the scenes?

Extra: Below is an excerpt from an article on insider.com should you wish to read more on how the Quidditch scenes are filmed.

Quote:
Every actor is filmed seperately, so even if they appear to be talking to each other in the scene, they're probably not in real life. A computer program determines where the broom rig moves, so even though it looks like the actors are steering it, they're acually just trying to hold on. The actors are up there for hours, and the brooms, as you can imagine, get uncomfortable.

'Cause all the cool kids, they seem to fit in.
FearlessLeader19 is offline   Reply With Quote