View Single Post
Old 05-26-2020, 04:06 AM   #13 (permalink)
BanaBatGirl
Dark Force Defense League

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Default canNOT beLIEve youS
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

SPOILER!!: It's gonna be the Indy 500 with these two.... *sings the Rick Roll song*
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
Er…………….. Was now the time to tell the truth? Because his palms were getting sweatier than usual and his stomach was aching in that way that typically only happened after he ate cheese. He coughed twice, blinked thrice, and then cleared his throat and swelled some phlegm. Ahem. ”That’s Alina, she is my partner,” he felt VERY uncomfortable now and was ultimately grateful for the influx of questions that he could fall back on. ”I have two brothers, yes…. No pets though, er, I was thinking about adopting a cat?” He blinked a few times. Live at the castle during the summertime? ”Er…….. No.” To put it simply. These were all very personal questions? Why?

”Ah,” okay yes, Finneas understood the question now. Not that he wanted to talk about his sleeping arrangements. This was a strange thing to talk about with anyone, especially a student. Especially Bernadette. ”I don’t, er, think there would be enough room to fit a bed in here. Heh heh." He chuckled his Schmoe chuckle. ”I have my own room, and errrr… Professor Fuller-Thompson might like camping, yes. You should, uh, asking him about it. He’d love to chat with you, I’m sure.” Was he trying to get rid of her? Not exactly. But y’know, she could share some of the love maybe and not ask Schmoe ALL the questions. Might be nice to diversify.

All of this head tilting and squinting and scrutinizing made Finneas break a sweat. He did not like this. He did not like this one bit. He did stay quiet though, and let Bernadette explain. He was always impressed by her ability to bargain and her preparation was to be commended. But uh. He couldn’t pay her! He was on a teacher’s salary! And aLSO??? This wasn’t a real job! ”I see.”

He looked down, making a great show of THINKING. "You're right." Thinking is something he did best anyway and he really was thinking about how to respond, so it wasn’t like he had to act at all. This was all natural. Especially the nerves, that was the most natural part of this entire conversation. ”You do deserve to be compensated for your hard work, yes,” he nodded in agreement. ”And I can errr understand the desire to be validated…” He looked down and THOUGHT some more, before looking up at her. ”Unfortunately, I am unable to provide you with the salary you deserve. So errr… Though I do not want to, I must let you go.” Yes. Excellent. wo fwoopers one stone. Nailed it.

Wait, who? Huh?

Bernie's eyes nearly popped out of her head.

"Your sister is your PARTNER?!" she SCREAMED!1!11!! practically yelled, but let's be honest, Bernadette's whispers probably sound like a shout to those humans with a normal range of hearing.

AND he had brothers?! AND maybe a cat?! "Oh you should definitely get a cat," Bernie wasted no time in moving on to this topic, mostly because she was still R E E L I N G from the fact that Schmoe even HAD a p--par--- she couldn't say it, she couldn't think it, she was sweating just considering the ramifications, and how was she going to explain this to the other kids; she was always busy sticking up for Schmoe, but this this this THIS might be TOO FAR. Bernie nearly tipped herself out of her beanbag just THINKin' about poor Schmoey and his utter lack of social understanding. YOU CAAAAAAAAN'T BE PARTNERS WITH YOUR SISTER! Gosh! HOW would she TEACH him this?! Only Merlin, Adam, Eve, and Steve would know!!!

She was honestly so perturbed that she didn't even comment on Pierson Fuller-Thompson and his lack of approval for herself. DID SCHMOE NOT KNOW ABOUT THE FOREST LAST YEAR! The Groundskeeper-Professor would NOT want to speak to her! COME ON, SCHMOE! Bernie's face clearly showed her anxiety over all of this discussion (the concern was all for him, none for her).

And then, AND THEN, as IF this MEETING could GET ANY WORSE!

He fired her.

Forget the fake tears, the kicked cruppy look, the nonpayment... Bernie was aCtUaLLy really crying now. "You're going to LET ME GO!?!" she choked out before she threw her own hands over her eyes to hide her sobbing self. "PLEAAAAAAAAASE, SIR, you CANNOT LET ME GO!!!!!!" Bismillah NO!!! Bernie's shoulders were shaking, snot was dripping between her fingers, and honestly, it would be an achievement to Schmoe if he could even understand her pathetic pleas right now: "THIS. IS. ALL. I. HAVE!!!!!!!!!" SOB! sob sob sob SOB! WAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIL!!!!!!!!!!!1

Truly. Being the Muggle Studies TA was the ONE THING Bernadette Grantham thought she did well, even if it was entirely a made-up job where the points didn't matter and the compensation was nonexistent. She needed it to feel like she fit in here at Hogwarts, and without it? Well. All of Hogwarts probably didn't want to deal with this one if Schmoe really, truly, wanted to pull an Elsa today.

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind