View Single Post
Old 05-16-2020, 05:14 AM   #10 (permalink)
BanaBatGirl
Dark Force Defense League

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

SPOILER!!: MiSSiON. ACCOMPLiSHED. Let's go for Round Two?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
Finneas was nervous the first time Bernadette swung by and did that thing where she looked over every single corner. Heck, he was nervous the fourth time too. Buuuuuut by now, he wasn’t all that nervous anymore (well, not anymore than he usually was) because this was just one of those things that Ms. Grantham did and he knew to expect it by now. People loved patterns. Schmoe busied himself with a strange balancing the cat-clock game as he moved to close the door behind his guest. He was hopeful that she would be done with all her looking by the time he managed to get it shut and turned around, but instead he found her TOUCHING his THINGS ’N STUFF.

O____________________o

He wanted to tell her not to, but instead he ended up doing some strange hand twitch accompanied by a big ol’ cringe face. Ah, Bernadette. This was very embarrassing for Finneas because whenever someone saw a photo of his girl—B L I N K . BLINKBLINK. BLINK in size THREE…. His…. Sister???? ”Oh, heh, heh,” Finneas laughed uncomfortably, tugging at the collar of his shirt. He wasn’t sure whether he ought to debunk the incorrect belief. Somehow though…. It was almost a blessing. Best for them all if she did believe Alina to be his sister. Yes. That would save them from an uncomfortable conversation that Finneas did not want to entertain. At. All. ”Yes. She is,” is what he eventually decided on as he made his way to his chair and set the cat clock down on top of the massive pile of things ’n stuff all over his desk.

As for baby!Finneas? He was in long term storage. Somehow, this felt like the wrong thing to tell a thirteen year old. ”He’s…… well.” It wasn’t a lie. A plastic baby couldn’t be unwell. The rapid fire questions were very rapid, maybe next visit he would lightly suggest that she kept her questions to a maximum of two at a time. All of this because he was going to answer ALL of her questions, but then the final question had nothing to do with the other questions and it was very hard to keep up. ”Er. In a bed, the same as you… I’d hope,” she did sleep in a bed right? Finneas was starting to wonder if Bernadette slept at all. So much energy. Did it ever turn off?

He continued to wonder this very thing just as she began going on about a … STIPEND? Blink. Blink. Blink. Uh. He leaned in and squinted just a bit to read her calculations (AND ideas). Yes. Well. ”Err…. I was under the impression that this was on a volunteer basis.”

Awkward Schmoe was laughing awkwardly, nothing new to see here. He could just TAKE the compliment though, and like write home to his sis and tell her the students at Hogwarts found her beautiful. Bernie would help him phrase it right, if he needed the help.

"So why do you keep a picture of your sister on your desk?" Bernie continued the question~session, tilting her head down from staring at the ceiling to staring at him. "Even though we work together, and all, Professor, I realised I never even asked if you have a brother? Or another sister?" She N E E D E D to K N O W these things in case she had to explain more of Schmoe's Schmoetimes to her classmates, which she already did out of the kindness of her heart. "I also forgot to ask," on one of her many other visits here, "Do you have any pets? Do you live at the castle, even when it's summatime?"

That brought her around to his answer about sleeping in a bed. HA. Bernie let out a half-amused snort. She didn't even mention Baby!Finneas again, she was so interested in this new line of questioning. "No, I meant, like, do professors sleep HERE?" She pointed to where she was sitting, and then thought that was weird, and hurriedly pointed to the beanbag next to her instead. "Do you sleep in your offices? Or do you guys have secret living quarters? Like how the Headmaster has a hidey office behind a gargoyle, and Professor Fuller actually lives out on the grounds instead of indoors like a normal person? I'm guessing he likes camping????" Why DID he live outside? He taught Charms, couldn't he charm himself something better than a hut?

That wasn't Schmoe's business though. He was in charge of paying her. AND he hadn't even noticed any errors in her addition, so she was quite proud. "Oh, is that so?" Bernie tilted her head at him some more, looking this way, then that way, then squinting at him as though she didn't believe him. "I'm sure we have a verbal agreement that I should be compensated for helping you. At first I thought, why not just take house points? But I'm getting older, y'see sir, and house points are just kinda imaginary. The RUBIES that go in the hourglass, now those are worth something, and I need some pocket change for weekends at Hogsmeade and my books and stuff." Stuff, like, makeup products and grow-your-own-mustache kits. If Bernie were compensated for all this time she spent questioning Schmoe, she might even be able to buy TWO mustache kits, and then she could give HIM one!!!

She widened her eyes some, trying her best to look like one of the glassy-eyed babies from last year: innocent, vulnerable, and really in need of Schmoe's help. Pweez. "Please, sir, I want some more...." she really had been reading her Victorian novels, hadn't she? "....validation. I need to feel valued for my work here at Hogwarts. Volunteerism is unfortunately not rewarded per society's values, whether that society is Muggle or magical in nature." See how prepared she'd come?????????!

If he said no again, Bernie had a REALLY good kicked-cruppy look. (It had probably even worked on the Headmaster before.) And tears! Oh! Bernie couldn't forget the tears. She sniffed a few times, just like John Oliver Twist, or whatever the orphan's name was in her book, to start workin' up those crocodile tears.

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind