View Single Post
Old 05-12-2020, 07:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
BanaBatGirl
Dark Force Defense League

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
Finneas was just deciding on a new place for his cat-clock. He liked to switch things up every now and then. Called it ~decor~. So when he heard the loud (and rather impatient) KNOCKNOCKKNOCKKNOCKED on the door, it gave him a scare and caused him to jump! Nearly dropping the clock, too.

BUT with his quick reflexes, he managed to dive for it before it was too late. THAT is what you call a close one, friend. p h e w. Almost had a real cat-astrophe on his hands. Buh dum tsssssssss. AnYwAy, aNyWaY, ANYWAY. There was only one person capable of such a knock and Finneas knew Bernadette would be on the other side of the door before he even turned the knob to let her in. As it was, he did lift himself up and off the floor to make his way over, cradling cat-clock in arms and opened the door.

Ah yes. "Ms. Grantham, come in," he greeted her with an awkward smile and stepped to the side, opening the door a little more to let her in. He knew better than to assume her visit would be short enough to chat by the doorway. She was a sit-down-in-the-bean-bags sort.
Bernadette positively BEAMED at Schmoe, stepping inside the office and taking her usual tour of the place; by this, I mean that she looked around judgmentally at everything, wrinkled her nose in particular at the ANCIENT boy band posters on the wall, and then proceeded to touch this and that on the professor's desk. She DID notice one fancy picture thingy she'd never commented on before, and pointed it out to Schmoe by spinning it around so the woman in the photo was looking at him, standing there with his arms full of clock cat.

"Your sister is like, really really really ridiculously good-looking, sir," Bernie declared, making a face at the photo before she flopped down in the nearest bean-bag. She also looked UP at the ceiling just in case Schmoe had redecorated there, and then remembered, "How's Baby!Finneas? Is he in one of your desk drawers? Do you keep him by your bed at night? He needs lots of lullabies, I remember." She had to CHECK on her baby from last year. Also, "Where do professors sleep?"

Did Schmoe have a Murphy bed behind one of these bookshelves? Is THAT where Baby Finneas was? She wouldn't put it past him to store the baby there, as she'd heard he was afraid of toddlers, and also, that would be like WICKED COOL if he did have a bed back there. Imagine being able to take a nap during your office hours??! Genius.

Back to her purpose for being here, which was, you know, multi-faceted and complex and not just a social call. "So, sir, I've been wondering when my stipend as your Teaching Assistant was going to kick in? I've been doing some calculations, and it appears that you're two-hundred seventy-four galleons, thirteen sickles, and two knuts behind on paying me." She leaned up from the bean bag a little so she could prop her notebook (of calculations AND ideas) on his desk, just in front of the picture of Schmoe's sister. Why did he want to look at his sister all day anyway? Bernie didn't even OWN photographs of her siblings. But she'd wait to ask that; didn't want to overwhelm the nervous professor.

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind