Thread: Minister's Office: Break Room
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2020, 11:27 PM   #21 (permalink)
aRogueOne

MLE & DERP
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sloane Aubrey Knott
Slytherin
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hooper Ridley-Rush
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jude Joel MacAfee
Law Enforcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
"When did you start?" She hadn't been here long, but maybe she actually was there longer, Topanga really didn't know and she didn't pay much attention to time and years of service type of thing so she had to really think about her own hire date to figure out if she had been there longer than two years, but she thought it had only been two, but who knew she might have been there four at this point. It all just felt the same to her. "No and if someone does have an issue I figured they'd say something." Now if she was caught finding their food good, that might be what made them tell her to leave, but so far so good.

Now as she thought about it she wondered if she'd happen to enjoy the taste testing techniques of Topanga. She thought about opening her mouth and suggesting they look in the fridge to see what was available, but decided she needed to feel the woman out some more first.

"It did that to you? Oh wow I'd been so mad I think I'd hex the darn thing." She probably would have only went to the same floor twice before getting off it or maybe not, it would be a good reason not to work. Just ride on the lift to the same floor over and over and ask so confused when they came asking questions. Sorry I'm late, the lift just wouldn't let me come in. What a missed opportunity that was. "If one more owl poops in my hair I'm making owl stew with it." She was over cleaning her hair all the time.

'You want good food, you need to either look to see what someone else brought and take that or head out of here and go to one of the cafe's. I enjoy the cafe on the corner the most."
When did she start? A life time ago! ”Oh, it must be well over a year ago now” smiling now as she looked back, remembering everything she went through to actually get the job at the ministry. It all seemed like such a long time ago but in reality, it wasn’t. Strange how life works that way. ”Well I do not so feel free to come and find me whenever you want a lunch partner because it sure beat eating alone as she did basically every other day here on the minister’s floor.

She did consider hexing the thing but knowing her it would have locked her in there then and just kept her there until she apologised or something. Ministry things really did seem so temperamental sometimes. Always breaking and being all dramatic and needy. ”Oh, I’m sure they would have deducted the damages out of my wages or something. I don’t need that drama in my life right now” she laughed now because that wasn’t necessarily true. She could do with a little drama, just not maybe the expensive kind that could cost you a job. Maybe more the type of drama that drags you out for a nice meal and a sparkly beverage after a hard days work. Yes, that would be perfectly acceptable.

”Oh the owls delivering memos really are the woooorst! I just don’t understand why we can’t got back to charming paper to fly around. That made so much more sense” and also left less mess.

Take what someone else had? As in steal their lunch food? Oh no. Not at all. Did she not hear the comment about the right drama? Maybe she’d misread this woman after all. ”I think I do need to go out and find somewhere else to eat for lunch honestly. I did say I’d do that but here I am…still sitting here” because she was simply too lazy to leave work. And also, it was just too convenient to eat here. She could go back to work then as soon as she finished and then she could leave work earlier! See, it all made a nice convenient circle.