Thread: Entrance Hall
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2020, 11:29 PM   #25 (permalink)
FearlessLeader19
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

SPOILER!!: Head of House! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahlooo View Post
Text Cut: Nem and Claudine

Ahh, so Bernadette HAD been here. And apparently was in a "strop", whatever that meant. It was a little curious though, since Grantham seemed to always be in a good mood, especially when mischief was involved. When the boy left, the Charms professor turned his attention back to Claudine, wondering what she was up to.

At least she had stopped crying. For the most part.

Wait, the carriers were for him? Piers was confused. It took him a moment of looking at the crates and hearing what she said next to realize what was going on here. Piers stooped down to look inside the crates and saw two adorable little cruppies. She (and probably Bernie) had bought them to make up for getting two of his dogs killed last term. The image of his dogs being carried into the forest by ravenous acromantulas flashed in his brain for a moment. He hadn't gone out and rescued any more dogs since then because... well, he wasn't sure why. But in that moment, he felt grateful to have these two new cruppies.

Piers stood back up and sighed at the young girl. "You're on a final warning, Claudine. You know you could have gotten expelled for this, right?" Could have meaning he was preeeetty sure Trent wouldn't expel her/them for this, but one never knew. If we wanted to though, Piers would plead their case this one time.

"That being said... I know you're sorry. And I appreciate that. I hope you have learned a lesson, you and Ms. Grantham both." Piers looked back down at the two crates. "You didn't have to do this... but I'm glad you did." Which was his way of thanking her for the cruppies, even though it was technically her and Bernadette's fault they got into the whole mess. "Now, put a smile on and head to the table. No more tears, okay?" He patted her on the shoulder encouragingly and bent down to pick up the two cruppy crates. "And do me a favor, make sure Curtis isn't up to anything suspicious." Yes, he knew she was a third year, but Curtis acted like a first year, so it worked out.

Now, he needed to get up to the staff table before Trent started his speech. And... well, the cruppies were coming with him.

Claudine went into this entire crup situation without knowing what to expect. Fuller-Thompson could rebuke her attempt to make things a little right, he could be happy with the effort or a small number of other possibilities. But she hadn’t expected to be warned about her being on her final chance. Interestingly enough, she had already made up her mind to keep her head low and continue focusing on her studies and art. But the third year simply nodded. “I understand.’’ She’d let her actions speak throughout the new school year rather than reassuring Fuller-Thompson that she’d be on her best behaviour. As for being expelled? She wasn’t so sure of that. Neither Fuller-Thompson were that heartless, especially when the crups weren’t for her as pets and given the good intentions she had. But she decided not to push her luck so she said nothing to that.

“Bernadette picked them out,’’ Claudine added quickly, not really sure why she wanted to make sure the Gryffindor’s part in this being known. She now forced a small smile. “Thank you.’’ She hoped that her gratitude could be heard in those two words. She shook her head; no, no more tears for it was time to begin her redemption and focus on life ahead without Bernadette. Even the pats on the shoulder didn’t disturb her; Claudine was just ready to move on from everything. “I’ll try my best about Curtis, but I doubt he’ll even want to listen to me.’’ There was doubt in her voice.

Feeling slightly cheered by the most recent of events and feeling very fond towards her Head of House, Claudine followed him into the Great Hall.

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺