Thread: Entrance Hall
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2020, 06:36 PM   #22 (permalink)
sarahlooo

DERP & DIMC
Shrake

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Louis Bracken
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daphne Richardson
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Natalie McKinley
Environmental Protection

x3 x1
Sardines ♥ BHB ♥ Dallie ♥ Grumpy ♥ MY SUN AND STARS ♥ i love julia

Text Cut: Nem and Claudine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixir View Post
SPOILER!!: *hissy snek noises*

Mental notes were being made. Nem knew he absolutely could not pass up the opportunity to speak to Grantham, sooner rather than later. Though maybe not too soon.

"Oh right, sorry," Nem said, lowering his voice and looking for all the world utterly apologetic. He didn't point out her glistening eyes or slightly thicker voice either. Real nice, see? "Ooh... more than one?" he went on, but more quietly this time.

Before Nem could say anything else, however, who should show up but the one and only Fuller-Thompson; champion of Charms, keeper of the grounds, head of house extraordinaire, et cetera, et cetera. Always a delight.

"Sorry, Professor. I was just concerned why Bernie was all in a strop, but she already left." Bernadette Grantham, if he wanted to just jot that down. "I'll leave you to it then."

Peace.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
SPOILER!!: Nem & Fuller-Thompson! <3

Claudine was grateful that Nem heeded her in being quiet. Merlin, she didn’t need the entire School to know that crups were in their midst. “Yes. Two of them.’’ There was an almighty sniff that came from her. Did anyone have a tissue? Could they conjure one for her? The girl was just going to suggest to Nem that he should check with their Head of House if he was that interested in crups when the man of the hour himself showed up. And just like that Nem was leaving. Well, she’d catch up with him at the Slytherin table.

“Hi, Professor.’’ Claudine cleared her throat because up until now, she had not realised she sounded funny. Rapid blinking also happened because she was no longer going to be shedding tears she hoped. “Um. I couldn’t leave them behind because… um. Well, these are for you.’’ Claudine carefully set the two carriers on the floor before the man. When she straightened up, she tilted her head back to look at him with those serious eyes. “I know they don’t make up for the loss of your dogs…” Ugh. She was not good with words and expressing her feelings. “I’m sorry for everything,’’ she whispered.

Great.

Now she wanted to cry again.

Everything that had happened starting in the Forest last term to now was just too much.

Ahh, so Bernadette HAD been here. And apparently was in a "strop", whatever that meant. It was a little curious though, since Grantham seemed to always be in a good mood, especially when mischief was involved. When the boy left, the Charms professor turned his attention back to Claudine, wondering what she was up to.

At least she had stopped crying. For the most part.

Wait, the carriers were for him? Piers was confused. It took him a moment of looking at the crates and hearing what she said next to realize what was going on here. Piers stooped down to look inside the crates and saw two adorable little cruppies. She (and probably Bernie) had bought them to make up for getting two of his dogs killed last term. The image of his dogs being carried into the forest by ravenous acromantulas flashed in his brain for a moment. He hadn't gone out and rescued any more dogs since then because... well, he wasn't sure why. But in that moment, he felt grateful to have these two new cruppies.

Piers stood back up and sighed at the young girl. "You're on a final warning, Claudine. You know you could have gotten expelled for this, right?" Could have meaning he was preeeetty sure Trent wouldn't expel her/them for this, but one never knew. If we wanted to though, Piers would plead their case this one time.

"That being said... I know you're sorry. And I appreciate that. I hope you have learned a lesson, you and Ms. Grantham both." Piers looked back down at the two crates. "You didn't have to do this... but I'm glad you did." Which was his way of thanking her for the cruppies, even though it was technically her and Bernadette's fault they got into the whole mess. "Now, put a smile on and head to the table. No more tears, okay?" He patted her on the shoulder encouragingly and bent down to pick up the two cruppy crates. "And do me a favor, make sure Curtis isn't up to anything suspicious." Yes, he knew she was a third year, but Curtis acted like a first year, so it worked out.

Now, he needed to get up to the staff table before Trent started his speech. And... well, the cruppies were coming with him.

JanuaryNatalieEvangelinePiersonLouise