Thread: Entrance Hall
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2020, 12:59 PM   #20 (permalink)
keepmeclose22

DMAC
Billywig

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Evangeline Whitlock
Slytherin
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by macaroni View Post
How would she describe 'mom treatment?' It was mushy, it was something her mom did a lot, and it was something her mom did in public. She felt internally warm when she thought about the treatment she received before she got on the train. Maybe the mom treatment wasn't that bad that ONE time. She would never, ever, tell her mom that.

"Mom treatment is my term for when my mom acts all extra mushy and mom like in public. It's like her actual favorite thing to do.". Alexia rolled her eyes teasingly, her pre-teen attitude starting to show. "This morning she wouldn't stop bear hugging me and giving me lots of cheek kisses. I think she broke a rib." Alexia shuffled around a bit, touching where her ribs would be on her right side. She wasn't holding it against her mom, but she swore she heard a snap and a pop during the last bear hug. "She also kept holding random stuff that I wasn't packing, like my hair ribbon from last year. She was acting like I was going off to the gallows or something!" Apparently the hair ribbons from last years softball team held incredibly important memories. Still, Alexia couldn't help but let out a chuckle. If she was like this now, what would her mother be like come prom? Wait, did Hogwarts have any kind of dances?

"So going to Hogwarts for you is like going back to regular school for me?" She would stop dwelling on it if it made him uncomfortable, but this was interesting. "No offense, but isn't that kind of......" She paused, trying to think of the right word. "Boring?"

Alexia stopped talking for a second again, trying to think of a way to make herself sound less rude. She wasn't exactly winning at making new friends at Hogwarts. She just called the first boy she met boring. That had to be the number one thing not to do when trying to make friends.

"Lemme rephrase. When I got my letter, no one in my family really knew what was happening. My dad thought it was one of those dangerous scam things they do to teens. None of us had ever really seen real magic before, so hearing about it was a little crazt" Alexia still remembered the chaos in her living room. Her dad yelling that she wasn't going to get scammed and taken as long as he was around, and her mother being excited about absolutely nothing. "But you guys KNOW. You guys know a letter is coming and you guys know what you need to buy and what you need to learn. There's no surprise." Alexia was fond of surprises. She had insisted on having a surprise party every year since she was seven. She had insisted on guessing her birthday presents, even though her mom always spoiled the surprise a couple of days before.
Well if that's what the mom treatment was then he got plenty of that. Being the baby had its perks.

Boring? He thought about that for a moment. "It's not really boring, for me, at least. I'm sure there are some kids who feel annoyed by having to go. But I'm excited to go. I can get away from my rather large family and actually have my own space. I'm even hoping not to get Gryffindor, since it's something my entire family has done. I want something new and something different. Something I can make a name of myself with."

He wasn't sure what it was about this girl that was getting him to talk so much, but he was happy that he had made a friend. New school new him he guessed.

Pausing for a moment, he realized something. "Sorry, in all the talk I forgot to mention. I'm Dylan." It was a little too late to shake her hand but he waved instead. How rude of him. He kept rambling and rambling and she didn't even know his name. Rude was what he was going to spend seven years being.