Thread: Entrance Hall
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2020, 12:43 AM   #19 (permalink)
macaroni
Gryffindor
Murtlap

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alexia 'Lexie' Harris
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepmeclose22 View Post
So she was a muggleborn. How interesting. Dylan has always grown up knowing he'd go to Hogwarts. Sure he'd had his basic schooling, learning English and math like everyone else. But he had spent this past summer preparing for this day. He's been packed since the first day of summer. Well, as packed as he could be. There were many nights where he couldn't sleep, due to nerves and what-not, so he would quietly unpack and repack his case, unsure if he was over packed or under. When he had last gone through everything (which was last night), he decided it was better to be too prepared than not.

"What do you mean by 'mom treatment'?" This statement confused him. Mom treatment? The only thing his mom gave him was a teary eyed hug and kiss goodbye. Maybe knowing that the last of her kids was going away to Hogwarts. It was the last first day of school for her. Sure she told him a thousand times that if he had any questions he could ask her, but by then it was too late. He learned everything he'd needed to know from his older siblings.

"From my point of view?" He thought on that for a moment. "I guess it's just something you're expected to do. A stepping stone of your life. Like learning to walk or getting married. Just part of your life that you do." It was weird to describe something so normal to someone. He'd never given any thought to those who would be experiencing magic for the first time. Magic had always been there, for most of the mundane things too. Dishes were washing themselves, while his older sister practiced for her quidditch matches the following year. Or how pictures always moved in his house, showing how proud his parents were of all of the Gryffindor children. His stomach knotted when he thought about having to wear Red for the rest of his life. "Have you ever seen magic up close?"
How would she describe 'mom treatment?' It was mushy, it was something her mom did a lot, and it was something her mom did in public. She felt internally warm when she thought about the treatment she received before she got on the train. Maybe the mom treatment wasn't that bad that ONE time. She would never, ever, tell her mom that.

"Mom treatment is my term for when my mom acts all extra mushy and mom like in public. It's like her actual favorite thing to do.". Alexia rolled her eyes teasingly, her pre-teen attitude starting to show. "This morning she wouldn't stop bear hugging me and giving me lots of cheek kisses. I think she broke a rib." Alexia shuffled around a bit, touching where her ribs would be on her right side. She wasn't holding it against her mom, but she swore she heard a snap and a pop during the last bear hug. "She also kept holding random stuff that I wasn't packing, like my hair ribbon from last year. She was acting like I was going off to the gallows or something!" Apparently the hair ribbons from last years softball team held incredibly important memories. Still, Alexia couldn't help but let out a chuckle. If she was like this now, what would her mother be like come prom? Wait, did Hogwarts have any kind of dances?

"So going to Hogwarts for you is like going back to regular school for me?" She would stop dwelling on it if it made him uncomfortable, but this was interesting. "No offense, but isn't that kind of......" She paused, trying to think of the right word. "Boring?"

Alexia stopped talking for a second again, trying to think of a way to make herself sound less rude. She wasn't exactly winning at making new friends at Hogwarts. She just called the first boy she met boring. That had to be the number one thing not to do when trying to make friends.

"Lemme rephrase. When I got my letter, no one in my family really knew what was happening. My dad thought it was one of those dangerous scam things they do to teens. None of us had ever really seen real magic before, so hearing about it was a little crazt" Alexia still remembered the chaos in her living room. Her dad yelling that she wasn't going to get scammed and taken as long as he was around, and her mother being excited about absolutely nothing. "But you guys KNOW. You guys know a letter is coming and you guys know what you need to buy and what you need to learn. There's no surprise." Alexia was fond of surprises. She had insisted on having a surprise party every year since she was seven. She had insisted on guessing her birthday presents, even though her mom always spoiled the surprise a couple of days before.