Thread: Entrance Hall
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2020, 10:45 PM   #17 (permalink)
macaroni
Gryffindor
Murtlap

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alexia 'Lexie' Harris
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepmeclose22 View Post
He smiled, and internally sighed with relief that she was still talking to him. Scaring someone off on day 1 was not his idea of starting off on the right foot. "I tried reading up on this place before I left, but research was never my family's strong point." He paused remembering how his siblings teased him about him wanting to actually learn something other than dueling spells Knowing how to duel and protect yourself in battle is one of the best skills to learn at Hogwarts! What a Gryffindor things to say. There was more to life than trying to be an Auror. Many of his siblings tried (one or two have failed) to be an Auror.

Dylan thought for a moment about her question. "It's not so strange. It's just something we've all done. Both my parents and each of their parents as well as all of my siblings have been here. It's whats expected of me. All of my siblings have done it, I was just up next." It wasn't like he hated coming here. He was actually very excited to make a name for himself. Be a 'Dylan' rather than just another 'Hunt'.

"What about you? Have your parents been here?"
He already read up on this place? He was much more of an achiever than she was. Alexia could only think about her school books, lying abandoned in her luggage. Maybe she should have read about this place if she was going to go here. That would probably have been the smart thing to do, especially considering that she literally didn't know Hogwarts EXISTED last year. However, she couldn't take it back now, so there was no use feeling bad about not researching ahead. After all, she had the entire term left to figure it out.

"Research isn't my strong point either," Alexia said. She smiled and paused before continuing. "You should have seen the essays I submitted last year for English!"Apparently, she was able to write well, but not bak up her claims, according to her teacher. She thought her claims could be backed up if she just kept explaining it in her words. That was explaining fine. She didn't need other people's words Speaking of normal English class.....

"Actually no, I'm the first one in my family to come here." Which made her mom feel pretty weird when she tried to give Alexia her 'do great in school this year' speech. She wasn't learning regular science or math anymore, she was going to learn things that her parents would never. It was as if, in that moment, her mom realized that she had no idea what Alexia was getting herself into. "My mom totally freaked when I got my letter. This is the first time I'm ever going away for school, so she gave me the full 'mom treatment.'" It wasn't as bad as Alexia made it sound. Her mother just wanted her to write home a lot and to take care of herself. Although, she probably could have done without that very public hug before she got on the train.

She remembered that Isla had asked on the train what this was all like from the perspective of a muggleborn, discovering everything for the first time. But Alexia wanted to know the opposite. What was it like for people who had known about Hogwarts and wizard stuff their entire lives? Was this just like another year of school for them? Did their parents tell them what to expect and who the coolest teachers were She had to know.

"And what about you? I mean- I know your family has been going here forever. That's not what I mean. Every thing is super new for me, but you have parents that graduated from here. You said that all of this is normal for your family. What was it like to grow up knowing things about all of this"She was rambling hardcore. But it was an interesting question. What was the first year like from his perspective?