Thread: Phoenix Theatre
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2020, 07:32 AM   #37 (permalink)
Magical Soul
Ministry

DERP & DoM
Kappa

Mysteries
x6
Default the family is having 2 very different experiences that day xD
Dalliesa | Ab-Bot | Hogwarts Trojan War |

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post

Mallory finished in the restroom very quickly, half because she worried Dunk was going to make a run for it while she was in the loo, and half because she was actually concerned the show was starting without them. After washing her hands, she waited outside the restroom for only a few moments, noting minute by minute that the crowds were disappearing inside the theatre, and tapping her Converse-clad foot impatiently.

Well, that was it. She was going in to get him.

Mal stormed into the boys' restroom and spotted her little brother instantly. OF COURSE he was perched up on that filthy counter, and then she realized that his face was all red and tear-streaked. He looked pathetic, and now he probably smelled like... bathroom smells. "Let's go, Dunk," she bossed, hesitating because.... well, she had been a bit harsh on him outside. "I'm...I'm...." ughhhhhhhhhh didshehavetosaythis, did she HAAAAAAAAAVE to??? "I'm sorry."

There, she'd done it, okay? "Let's go," Mal repeated. "I don't want to miss the show and I still want to buy us some popcorn." OKAY? See? Not ALL the snacks were lost. She still had a huge bag of galleons, after all.
SNIFF sniff sniff.

Duncan heard the assertive footsteps, and even though he felt a little relieved she didn't leave him all alone and went to her show- the Matinee. He made sure he was frowning and hugging his knees tightly, not going to look at her either. She was MEAN. She was trying to say something now.

Oh, she apologized. This was unprecedented.

Duncan didn't know what to do now...? Saying sorry made things much better, right? His mom said so. He couldn't refuse to forgive her, that wasn't an option he was taught by his parents. So, he turned his head to be able to look at her. That was a step forward. Popcorn was good. He nodded to that. He didn't want to attend the show anymore but he didn't want to tell her and then get yelled at again. So. He quietly slid down from the counter and headed to the exit, shuffling his feet a little. This day sucked.