Thread: Street Vendors
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2020, 10:36 PM   #62 (permalink)
Watson
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Octavius Jude Salander
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement
Slytherindor ♛ The Crazytastic Besties ♛ Shan Watson ♛

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist.Prime View Post
It was honestly cute seeing that Chase was trying to text her again, after all it wasn’t natural for Anabeth Greyvson to leave Chase Spenley on read. Which she had, after all she had never even responded to the text.

…still, she had to get there quickly, or she would have missed little them in all their wonder. ”please, obviously I missed y o u you’re the friend I gave my best nickname ever…” she meant it too – he had the nickname that had stuck. ”ooh what kind?...not pickle I hope?” she asked as she raised an eyebrow at him and grinned because those kids had the worst idea right?

Pickle popcorn sounded…odd.

The hug, his hug made Beth feel like herself again. It would have made first year Beth squeal and vibrate like her…uh alarm clock. ”no! you don’t have to” she muttered as she gave him a squeeze of a hug and stepped back. ”its just…this place” she sighed, ”its…where I met Ewan and we uh” she paused and looked at the ground.

”we broke up?...we – we’re trying to stay friends…but its hard” she admitted as she took a deep breath ”I think I still love him?...but I won’t tell him that. I can’t…its for the best” saying those words made her heart sputter again. It was one of the first times she had said it to anyone except Cordelia and Lani...and even Eria. "thank you for being an amazing friend salty, you're the best and i love you for it...seriously if you ever needed to like bury a body without a question - i'd help."
He chuckled at her comment and shook his head. Some things didn’t change. Beth was still Beth. He smiled, thinking about the first time they met. He had accused her of trying to make him fall over because she dropped a whole bag of gumballs but in reality – it was just a little mistake. Then there was the whole ‘Does Beth have a crush on me?’ phase which married up nicely with all the other girl drama he was having back in school. To be honest, he’d never picked himself to be the charming guy but perhaps that came with the territory when the majority of your friends were women. Heh. He remembered the endorphin rush that he had when Beth admitted to liking him- even if it was only for a day- the fact that he was right had made him over the moon.

I-” he began to interrupt, ready to insist that he would have a talking to this young man. Chase tilted his head slightly, staying quiet and just listening when she spoke. Now was not the time for too much teasing. She needed him. He frowned when he mentioned that she and Ewan broke up. “Beth… ” Was this the first time he was using her name? He didn’t often call her by her first name – her name was pretty and easy to remember. However, the inner voice had always insisted on him calling her by a nickname. It just felt right. “I’m sorry. That must be hard and awkward remaining friends after being very… intimate—I mean close with each other…” he spoke and then went back to listening. Both eyebrows raised when she admitted that she thought that she still loved him. L-love? That was a big word there. “So… what happened between you two?” he asked, wondering who called off the relationship or it was a mutual decision.

He chuckled. Her thank you was cute. “Oh I’m the best?” he teased with a smug smile as he started to turn back into the cocky Chase Spenley persona that Beth always brought out in him. Seriously she and Lucas were the only two who brought this side of him out. “Can I get that in writing? I may have to use that one day…” He paused for a beat. Comedic effect you know. “Kidding but I will keep your offer in mind, Beth. I think we should get some popcorn. Food always makes things better.

True Chase Spenley wisdom here, folks.