View Single Post
Old 04-13-2020, 01:23 PM   #14 (permalink)
BanaBatGirl
Dark Force Defense League

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Default this post was inspired by boomers </3
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissy Longbottom View Post

Any normal, rational human being would probably be worried that someone this high up in the Ministry was giving him such a hard time. But Caleb did not get stressed. Not anymore. He used to, back when he was at school, but that had been over a decade ago. Things just rolled right off of him now, and he was fairly confident it was for the better.

"And....that's not my division. I'm in Experimental Charms," he explained. "And for your information, I am TRYING to come up with a charm that will examine the memos and see where their existing charm is broken," he explained. Sort of a debugging spell, if you will. It was still in the very beginning stages though. Like...the stage of just being a thought in his brain and a few notes on his desk. But he WAS fully planning on examining it further.
Okaaay, kid. Fletcher eyed him again and let out a small tut of disapproval at his answer. Experimental charms sounded like the waste-of-time research his eldest daughter did at university. There must be something wrong with this generation of "experimenters" or whatever kids Caleb's age called themselves. They all CLEARLY needed some prodding in the right direction, some help from someone older and wiser who had already made a success of themselves in the world. Someone like... Fletcher Knowing this, Fletcher decided perhaps he ought to soften his approach to this... boy. He needed a mentor and some hands-on practical application of genius ideas.

"Show me," Fletcher demanded on a whim. "Show me where you're working and your progress so far." That's right, he could make demands like this, being high up in the Ministry and all that and having a very overinflated opinion of himself as well.

Fletcher even added a 'go on,' hand gesture for Caleb to lead the way to his division.

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind