View Single Post
Old 03-31-2020, 11:32 AM   #9 (permalink)
aRogueOne

MLE & DERP
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sloane Aubrey Knott
Slytherin
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hooper Ridley-Rush
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jude Joel MacAfee
Law Enforcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurange View Post
Simran really had thought of everything, and she was rather proud of herself for it. Once the Ravenclaw had gotten to work, she hopped off the desk and after a few nifty charms on the chair for maximum comfort (because this might take a while), she removed the quill from the book and cracked the spine instead before leaving it face-down on the desk.

"So, Master Jones, since you found it necessary to yell at me in my own classroom and then walk out, in front of younger students no less, allow me to fill you in on the events that transpired in your absence."
she said, inspecting her nails. "Miss McCarthy tried to take responsibility for your actions, but short of an Imperius Curse, there's no way she can be held accountable."

"If there was an Unforgivable involved, do let me know. Then we can both finish with this detention and I can alert the necessary authorities. As Miss McCarthy is now legally an adult in the eyes of Magical Law, I'm certain she will be tried as such."

"Are you responsible, then, or is she?" Or Professor Schmoe?

Hm? She would really like to know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
”And while you’re at it.” Malachi Trent had silently made his way into the owlery, a brow raised at the boy scrubbing with toothbrushes. Given what he’d known and worked out with Simran, it was....a disappointing sight but no more disappointing than what brought the boy here to begin with.

The Headmaster went and stood by the astronomy woman. He gave her a nod of both greeting and apology—something had come up—before looking to Jones again.

“You can explain to me why you thought your actions befit a prefect.” Those badges hadn’t been handed out lightly. Did he know? Did he not understand all it entailed. ”Why you thought, especially given your position, you can simply waltz out of a class and display poor behaviour for your peers to follow.”

With everything else going on in the castle, the last thing Malachi wanted to hear was about wayward Prefects who didn’t know how to act. He expected far more from those with badges and right now, Jones was coming up short.

The toothbrush...he’d get to in a minute.
Still scrubbing, the tall Ravenclaw prefect’s mind went into auto-pilot mode, his hands moving of their own accord. He wasn’t a stranger to hard work. Quite the opposite actually. He loved the feeling at the end of the day when you can see what you’ve accomplished after a hard day’s work. Somehow, he had a feeling that cleaning this place would take more than one detention and he was prepared for it.

Blinking a little, his head returned to the direction of Professor Sandhu, his hands continuing to clean animal faeces off of the floor. “My actions in class had nothing to do with Chloe Professor. It was my decision to walk out” all of which was technically true. Sure, he may have walked out because of something Chloe had done previously but it was still his decision to walk out, even after a warning. “There was no Unforgivable curse” he continued, not at all amused by her obvious attempt at humour. Leave it to Chloe to try and make things better but to only make things worse.

Speaking of worse. Leave it to the headmaster to walk into his detention. Typical. Everyone else does stupid and terrible things and gets away with it but he dips his toe over the line once in 6 years and the full weight of Hogwarts is thrust down upon him. Typical. Briefly his eyes met the visage of the headmaster, curious as to how him walking out measured on the scale of importance to the headmaster. “Well Headmaster, it all started when I walked into Professor Sandhu’s class and put my head down on the table and she took after 3 points from Ravenclaw” Sure, he hadn’t exactly set the best example but it hardly warranted the points deduction. Doing his best to sound respectful but to also explain his point, he continued “I explained to the Professor that if she’d asked what was wrong with me rather than to simply take away the points, it might have helped” pausing for a second before continuing “It would have set a better example” Sure, that was rich coming from him but that’s what he believed. “And then I walked out” his eyes now returning to the brush in his hands and the dirty floor. “Sometimes it’s better to leave a situation than make it worse. Well, worse than it already was”.

“I didn’t just waltz out of class for no reason. I stood up for something that I thought was right. If you’re not willing to fight for something you believe in, you might as well just give up on life” He may not have gone about it in the right way but he firmly believed that neither did the Professor and he wasn’t going to back down now. Sure, he’d take his punishment but that wouldn’t change his mind. He honestly loved being a prefect. It made him proud that he represented the Ravenclaw house and being someone who was supposed to set an example, standing up for something you believe in was an important example to set. “I understand if you want to take my prefect’s badge away from me”