View Single Post
Old 03-05-2020, 03:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
Zoe
Dark Force Defense League

DMAC & DMLE
Runespoor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gillyweed Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tallulah Gamp
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

x8 x8
Bathes in Maple Syrup | Dancing Lobster | Mrs. Charlie Weasley | Seneca's Beard | That's So Fetch

The first time I read LotF was when I was a wee gal in middle school. Back then I liked it because it supported my assumption that boys were stupid (no offence, gents ) because my classmates reminded me of the characters in the book. I also liked my teacher's approach to to novel, which was focused on character development and analyzing character motivations and the like. BuuuuuUUUuuUUUuuuuut I read it again when I was in college for one of my education courses when I had to create an entire unit focused on a novel of my choice. The second read I picked up on SO MUCH that my middle school self overlooked (all the foreshadowing, symbolism, allegory, and deeper themes), which made me enjoy the book even more.

This school year I am having my students read the novel. As of this moment we've finished chapter 7. The general consensus from my students is that the book starts off "kind of boring" but lately it's "getting really good now" because the plot is picking up quite a bit, themes are becoming more prominent, etc.

Last edited by Zoe; 03-05-2020 at 03:52 AM.
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote