Thread: Battlements
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2020, 01:11 AM   #16 (permalink)
Anna Banana

DMC & DMGS
Selkie

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eliza Bellerose
Slytherin
First Year

x1
Hiss!Roar!Growl!Caw! | Hermione's Double | The Little Three | Alecate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
Yoon's question had him momentarily drawn from the portrait conversation. "It's a rather straightforward plan, Yoon. We'll simply--" The Headmaster stopped mid-explanation, raising his wand as he did. "Did anyone else hear that?" If they listened, they could hear....footsteps?

A late comer to join the party maybe?
Isla only looked up when she realized the Headmaster had suddenly stopped talking. She relaxed her wand by her side and turned to face him. Hear anything? Hear...what? Maybe she just didn't have enough...what did they call it? Constant vigilance? Yeah. Maybe she just didn't have enough of that, because--...

Oh, wait. She did hear something. Footsteps. It didn't exactly catch her attention the way it caught the Headmaster's, because people were always walking around the castle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godric Gryffindor View Post
“No need.” Gryffindor walked out onto the battlements, both arms raised in sign he came in peace. “Lower your wands, I’m merely here to help.” The sword still in its holster should have been sign enough of that. His own reputation would no doubt aid in reassuring them. Afterall, he was the great, chivalrous Godric Gryffindor. Was there ever a more trustworthy man?

”Yes yes, here to help. I couldn’t but overhear your talk of speaking with portraits and the like but there is no need when you have me.” The man began making shooing motions, gesturing the students back to their search. “You’ve bested us. You’ve found the hiding place of our portraits. I know when to give up the ghost. The portraits are out here.”

Here to help. Very helpful. Har!
...but of course this time, it had to be different.

Of all the walking dead around this castle, it had to be this one that found them. Godric Gryffindor, or his portrait form, had to be the most annoying person that had ever walked the boundaries of this castle. Probably the most dangerous, too. She had been hoping to be part of the team working with Hufflepuff...or even Ravenclaw. Slytherin would have been a welcome change. Anybody but Godric Gryffindor, and yet here he was.

And he was apparently volunteering to just give it all up and willingly let them win? YEAH, RIGHT. "Gryffindors are known for their bravery and jumping headfirst into the face of danger," she said, as if he didn't already know that. "There's no way you're giving in this easily." It had to be a trick. She almost looked over her shoulder, waiting for some army he'd secretly summoned. The way she saw it, everybody pretty much had two options here:

1. Run for their lives, or
2. Draw their wands.

As for her, she was waiting to see what the headmaster would do.