Thread: Battlements
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2020, 08:45 AM   #10 (permalink)
DaniDiNardo

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

"No particular reason." Malachi replied at the question of his motivation to take them all up here. They had searched several places on the way up, this was simply another. "I'd hate to rule anywhere out. The one place we don't check might be the one place they are." The battlements just happened to be the next stop in their search. No more, no less.

He lifted the top off a trunk by the wall that overlooked the lake, grimacing at the sight of cobwebs and little else. "I'm not sure why, James. Odd enough, I haven't seen them in there." That would've made things easier. He was in and out of that place daily...but it never struck him as odd that those portraits weren't there....until the Gryffindor's question.

Had they always not been there? Recently lifted? He couldn't say.

Moving away from the trunk, he began half stomping half stepping along the floor. "Perhaps we would have a better go of this with some portrait help, afterall." He mused, agreeing with both James and Kim. It became a more solid plan when Summers spoke. "The room, eh? The other portraits might be able to tell us if that's the case." And the more he thought about it, the better it sounded--depending on whose side the portraits were on.

And it seemed the ideas were now freely flowing. "Did Ravenclaw say anything else? Other than being confused? Did Slytherin seem confused, as well?"

Yoon's question had him momentarily drawn from the portrait conversation. "It's a rather straightforward plan, Yoon. We'll simply--" The Headmaster stopped mid-explanation, raising his wand as he did. "Did anyone else hear that?" If they listened, they could hear....footsteps?

A late comer to join the party maybe?

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.